Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EDC Belts In The NPE

EDC Belts In The NPE

Times have changed as they always do, work has switched up the dress code/uniforms and I'm looking for a belt that is going to work with tucked in shirts and a velcro backer inside the waist line.

*prefer no belt holes/buckle like a Liger style buckle, infinite adjustability.

*velcro lined inside waiste.

*I am not in the corporate office world so dress/suit belts are not required.

Can not have holster attachments visible period.

What has worked out for you fellow shooters in the NPE world?
    AKA: SkyLine1

I have not looked for one with velcro inside of it. What works very well for me is the double ring "frequent flyer" model from Wilderness in the 1.25" width. The instructor belt buckle is too obvious and the 1.5" wide belt can also be a little telling (though not as much as a double thick leather belt). I like the 5-stitch 1.25" model, it has no problem with loaded guns under 30 ounces.

Not sure who will have a similar style with velcro on the inside, but I would suggestna narrower width belt for inside the NPE.

-Rob

You might look up Mean Gene Leather. Makes really nice traditional leather belts and could likely make you something that's Velcro lined. Here are a few examples of his work.
    http://warsport-us.com/shop/war-spor...her-belts.html

I don't think Mean Gene has a website but the company is on Facebook. One of his "Shooter Belts" is on my wish list for a low key, classic styled belt.

What kind of pistol are you trying to conceal? There's no free lunch; trying to hide even a G19 is difficult in a true NPE.

The best I've found is NOT a holster attached to a belt, but rather a bellyband with a Walther PPS at the 5 o'clock position when I was working inside an American Embassy...truly a NPE with squemish State Department folks. I've also used the 3 Speed Holster worn at the appendix with good results, but, again, there's no free lunch. The pistol has to be relatively small to not print at all.

I've tried holsters that tuck, but they usually look like a growth of something on the body or a colonostopy bag.

If you're a member of TPI, there's a good thread over there about carrying in a true NPE.

I wear one of these every day in the corporate office for a general contractor. I am considered "field" so it's khakis and a no-iron dress shirt, with brown boots that match the belt (match your leathers, match your metals). Silver square buckle for me.
    http://www.thebeltman.net/bh112.htm

I'm curious to know the holster you intend to pair with it. I've never used a velcro attachment system like you describe before.

Site Supporter
    I have a piece of velcro added to the front of my leather belts (Occidental and JRC) that mates up with the velcro attachment on the JM AIWB Tuckable and JRC CDA (tuckable loop).

If you want to go with leather and no buckle, it would be pretty straight forward to work something up for you. I made one for another forum member a while back. Then, as Up1911Fan commented, some type of velcro attachment that hooks behind the belt.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Times have changed as they always do, work has switched up the dress code/uniforms and I'm looking for a belt that is going to work with tucked in shirts and a velcro backer inside the waist line.

*prefer no belt holes/buckle like a Liger style buckle, infinite adjustability.

*velcro lined inside waiste.

*I am not in the corporate office world so dress/suit belts are not required.

Can not have holster attachments visible period.

What has worked out for you fellow shooters in the NPE world?
    Aegis Enhanced?

If I can't conceal a M&P9 then it will be a shield 9mm.

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-TUCKABLE.html

Is the holster for the shield, I'm going to try to modify a spare holster in the same way for the full size.

Jim I sent you a email.

User Tag List