Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pursuit of the next decade rifle(s)

I am begrudgingly a big fan of the 11.5" SR-15 MOD 2 CQB.
    I do not like the aesthetic of keymod, but the weight loss and utility is hard to argue.
    Not getting into the Keymod vs M-Lok thing, I don't have sufficient data to disparage either.

The Mod 2 gas system is neat, and the guns are ported to run well both dirty and suppressed.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I am begrudgingly a big fan of the 11.5" SR-15 MOD 2 CQB.
    I do not like the aesthetic of keymod, but the weight loss and utility is hard to argue.
    Not getting into the Keymod vs M-Lok thing, I don't have sufficient data to disparage either.

The Mod 2 gas system is neat, and the guns are ported to run well both dirty and suppressed.
    Any ETA on the Mod 2 11.5" guns hitting the street? Assuming I go the KAC route, I'll be buying from Ayan at boltcarrier.com and I haven't seen any 11.5" Mod2s hit his site yet. Of course, he's out of 16" Mod2s as well, so...

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any ETA on the Mod 2 11.5" guns hitting the street? Assuming I go the KAC route, I'll be buying from Ayan at boltcarrier.com and I haven't seen any 11.5" Mod2s hit his site yet. Of course, he's out of 16" Mod2s as well, so...
    We will be doing a public release of availability shortly.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    We will be doing a public release of availability shortly.
    Well that is both encouraging, and complicates matters.

My thinking on the BCMs was to wait for them to have an ELW-F BFH option (because:decade) but if the KAC 11.5" gun comes out first that might be a way to get two guns instead of three.

I wonder if anyone is looking for big-pin, registered SBR, post-ban Colt lowers... or complete guns...

Well, the 11.5" BCM ELW-F With 10.0 KMR came available, so I bit on the BCM solution. Also got a 16" version of same with a 15.0 handguard. Still not re tiredly convinced I shouldn't go with the stainless barrel for the 16", but i got what I got because:impulse-buy.

So I'll keep the three Colt big-pin lowers I have, two of which are factory SBRs, sell off the factory uppers if I can, and mod the lowers slightly. Probably to install a cheater trigger and possibly an A5. Then I'll start sourcing parts for the dedicated suppressed gun to go on one of the SBR lowers, which will be a DD 10.3" barrel and 9.0 KMR, along with an adjustable gas block to tune the gun to the can.

Once I resolve the can (probably a Silencerco Omega) I'll get mounts for all three uppers. The 16" will get a brake mount because:gamer, the 11.5" will get a FH mount because:flexibility, and the 10.5" will get a brake mount becauserotect-baffles.

Optics will be a 1-6 (probably Leupold) on the 16", and RDS on the other two. Leaning towards an H-1 on the 11.5" because:weight and a PRO on the 10.5" because:SHTFantasy.

Rob,
    curious why Pro vs H1 for SHTF?
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Rob,
    curious why Pro vs H1 for SHTF?
    IME the 30mm tubes are more forgiving of head position, so the only time I'd choose s micro is if I want to save weight and am willing to sacrifice the flexibility for it.

Shooting the 9-hole drill brought this home for me, and then I started noticing it elsewhere.

Running largely the same gambit even to include the TA33 and TA11, in the present, I am running a SR15 with a S&B short dot. This setup seems to hit the most check boxes for me. I indeed had 2 but let one go to a friend in need. I replaced it with an OD Green Tavor with a T1 Micro. Cant give up experimenting just because I'm happy with my AR.

Shane, I've run so much AR experimenting that I've learned not much of it matters. I was going to get my dork fix with an AK, but a newly minted 3-gun match close to me has me needing a gamer shotgun so I think I'm headed down that rabbit hole.

Uhg! Another rabbit hole! Been eyeballing a 1301 myself. CSTactical is running a sale on them.

User Tag List