Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    These MI Alpha handguards are a new contender for my Draco SBR build since they allow for a heat shield. The others are the RS Regulate and wood dong with MLOK insert. Does anyone have any input on how any of the above handle heat?

There doesn't seem to have been much new AK stuff at SHOT. Kalashnikov USA had a couple 5.45x39 guns on display with no projected release date. Same with 5.56 guns.

PSA did announce a version of the AR magazine rifle chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Kind of a neat idea but I wonder how such a critter might appeal to the AK fan bois.

Looks like the MI Alpha stuff is the big news this year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    There doesn't seem to have been much new AK stuff at SHOT. Kalashnikov USA had a couple 5.45x39 guns on display with no projected release date. Same with 5.56 guns.

PSA did announce a version of the AR magazine rifle chambered in 6.5 Grendel. Kind of a neat idea but I wonder how such a critter might appeal to the AK fan bois.

PSA is also supposed to be producing (not sure if imported or not) steel case 5.45

Quote Originally Posted by helothar View Post
    PSA is also supposed to be producing (not sure if imported or not) steel case 5.45
    Probably won't hit the market until late 2023 or early 2024, unfortunately.

Site Supporter

KUSA is apparently being sued by Indo-MIM for failure to pay for parts shipments so I would not hold my breath for new products from KUSA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnpMO0zr..._web_copy_link

Here's something new from JMAC:

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Zastava announcing M70 Underfolders!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    KUSA is apparently being sued by Indo-MIM for failure to pay for parts shipments so I would not hold my breath for new products from KUSA.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnpMO0zr..._web_copy_link
    Plus reports of firing pins piercing primers in the KP9. And also some instances of the guns firing out of battery. It sounds like KUSA has some problems ahead, unfortunately.

Site Supporter
    Plus reports of firing pins piercing primers in the KP9. And also some instances of the guns firing out of battery. It sounds like KUSA has some problems ahead, unfortunately.
    Supposedly, per sone former employees the the out of battery detonations were the result of KUSA management ordering the trunnions with the wrong dimensions and then telling employees to use angle grinders to make them fit. So random head space for everyone.

User Tag List