Page 80 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Site Supporter
    Interesting thread on ASVals and AK12s in Ukraine from a former Russian soldier and Merc. One thing I’ve noticed, especially in photos of Ukrainian troops, is more suppressors in use than in any other conflict I’ve seen. ETA: I wonder if “bayonet mount” is a mis-translation or partly related to the funky and seemingly unnecessary QD mount on the new flash hider.

See whole thread here: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...007171585.html

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1527605329630048256

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    ETA: I wonder if “bayonet mount” is a mis-translation or partly related to the funky and seemingly unnecessary QD mount on the new flash hider.
    Probably.

The QD flash hider / suppressor mount isn't a bad idea but it only works if there are suppressors to attach.

There is at least one company making a threaded adapter (VS-12b) that replaces the flash hider. Probably partly what he's referring to about alignment issues.

The other thing we've seen reported with regard to the AK-12 is the selector lever jumping the stop and then swinging down below the receiver.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...stance-symbol/

Americanrifleman.org brief history of the AK74

PSA GF5 burn down.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    A similar video test:

I only posted since PSA AK’s gave previously been a shit show at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I've got a Polish WBP 5.56 parts kit (AKM pattern) en route to have my builder put together as something resembling a AK102 with a triangle stock, and I'm hunting down a few accessories to go with it. From what I've read most of the universal fit extended charging handles aren't very secure on the AKM shaped charging handle, but allegedly the Zenitco RP-5 is specific to AKMs. Given the state of the world and its effect on availability of Zenitco products, anyone know of an AKM specific substitute that's more readily available?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A similar video test:

Bonus points for the Highlander reference.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    I've got a Polish WBP 5.56 parts kit (AKM pattern) en route to have my builder put together as something resembling a AK102 with a triangle stock, and I'm hunting down a few accessories to go with it. From what I've read most of the universal fit extended charging handles aren't very secure on the AKM shaped charging handle, but allegedly the Zenitco RP-5 is specific to AKMs. Given the state of the world and its effect on availability of Zenitco products, anyone know of an AKM specific substitute that's more readily available?
    I've decided to go with the red wood WBP Fox as my AK. I miss having a WASR but I want something nicer this time. The currently WBP guns seem really good.

Very nearly went with the Zastava but with what's going on in Ukraine I can't support Serbia.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I've decided to go with the red wood WBP Fox as my AK. I miss having a WASR but I want something nicer this time. The currently WBP guns seem really good.

Very nearly went with the Zastava but with what's going on in Ukraine I can't support Serbia.
    Can’t blame the Serbs for having no love for NATO.

I think you made a good call with the WBP though. While I’ve been quite happy with my Zastava guns, I’ve never seen a Polish AK that I didn’t want to take home and it’s a real AKM pattern which is an advantage over the Yugo pattern when it comes to accessories.

I’m telling all my “AK Curious” friends to buy Polish when they ask me what gun to buy.

Now if only Atlantic would get more 556 Beryls in (they got a small batch of 762 ones that sold out in milliseconds) and I’ll buy one in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 08-16-2022 at 09:20 PM.

User Tag List