Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Speaking of concentric threading for suppressors, does anyone have a recommendation on thread pitch adapters so you can take the standard AK threading M14 LH I think and convert to 5/8x24?

And if you do get an adapter, whats the best way to check concentricity? A friend bought some Geissele silencer checker rods that you put in the barrel and are supposed to look down from the suppressor and see equal light around the whole rod. Would that be safe enough to check if the threading is concentric and it will work?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal320 View Post
    Rob Ski is saying that Arsenal Bulgaria is shut down due to the Corona Virus. No more imports for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Otherwise Brown/Silver Bear 125gr SP is the other budget option that’s cheap enough to be dual purpose.
    what is a normal, non-panic, price per 1000 to pay for this? Right now it seems to be around $300/1k which strikes me as high...

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I had to stock up on AK mags when I got my PSA. I chose Bulgarian polymer mags with the steel inserts in the lips and some all steel Bulgarians...got them at CDNN, they all run flawlessly.
    Yes sir, those, have about a dozen of them, some loaded to go to the range tomorrow. I cannot comment on long term durability or battleworthy character of those, but they have worked out just fine as range mags for my PSA range toy AK...never a malfunction yet at about 1700 rounds.

There was one that I had to run about 4 strokes of the file on the back steel edge where it locks, but the rest fit perfectly out of the box.
    Ordered 10 of these just now.

Still no update as to when the actual gun may ship, let alone arrive.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    what is a normal, non-panic, price per 1000 to pay for this? Right now it seems to be around $300/1k which strikes me as high...
    For Brown Bear or Silver Bear, normally around $205-225/1000
    Golden Tiger runs pretty damn well too.
    The 154gr Tula soft point ammo was better than expected, and it drops hogs pretty decisively. You can notice the reduced velocity from the heavier bullet so your holdovers move accordingly but inside of 150-200yd it does just fine within reason.

For magazines, there's so many different AK's out there and so many different magazines, one should not scoff at some file work to make a particular magazine happy in a particular rifle. If you only have one or two AK's I wouldn't worry about modding mags, if you've got a brace of them, I lean toward small adjustments to the weapon instead of the magazines, so that mags stay completely happily interchangeable across all the guns nearby.

I was looking at their website last night and there was a notice that they are still shipping everything as normal and that there are currently no delays in manufacture of their products either. I believe I read somewhere else, (on their Facebook site I think) that they are averaging 10 days to shipment due to increase volume of orders. Hope you get it sooner, I hate feeling ghosted after plunking money down.

well, at least CDNN is on the shipping ball. Already got a confirmation email that at least the label has been created!

Rob s, I just ordered a half dozen more myself and saw the same shipment label notice....after having been out of AK's for nearly a decade and having no AK mags on hand, and being a survivor of the Klinton years I know you can never have too many standard magazines in the armory.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I’ve had very good luck here - https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/M...uches-c164.htm

He still has a bunch of mags in stock. In the past the shipping has been very fast.

Rob s, I just ordered a half dozen more myself and saw the same shipment label notice....after having been out of AK's for nearly a decade and having no AK mags on hand, and being a survivor of the Klinton years I know you can never have too many standard magazines in the armory.
    Anyone that's been into semi-auto firearms since before or during the sunsetting of the AWB has PCSD. Post Clinton Stress Disorder. It's almost impossible to drum it out of us.

User Tag List