Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    @fatdog can you post a link to the specific model you bought?
    linked, it was the regular plum stock "GF3" classic....I will also say it has a decent out of the box trigger for a non-high end AK as well, I am now sorely tempted by their side folders...no real reason except "because" and I always wanted one...it too would be a range toy and general amusement park ride....just something else for the democrats to come confiscate some day....
    Last edited by fatdog; 03-03-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    linked, it was the regular plum stock "GF3" classic....I will also say it has a decent out of the box trigger for a non-high end AK as well, I am now sorely tempted by their side folders...no real reason except "because" and I always wanted one...it too would be a range toy and general amusement park ride....just something else for the democrats to come confiscate some day....
    That's not very Wolverines ! of you.

Man I’m really tempted by this guy!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...rifle-fde.html

Name:  516445722_1_2.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  19.0 KB

I really haven't even been paying any attention to PSA, then I watched Rob's AK-E video. Like what I saw. Now I have been in AK obsession mode for over a month. I might buy one of the PSA G3 AK's just to become familiar with the platform. Arsenal is still the way to go for a quality top notch AK? Other than the finish issues?

I spent a couple of nights checking out Atlantic Firearms. I really like some of the WBP Polish models. Are the Polish AK's any good? Or is it you get what you get Komrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    While we're talkin' 'bout PSA AKs, and I too am curious about Fatdog's rifle, does anyone have any updates on the newly released PSA AK-E (enhanced?)?
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...fle-black.html

I'm watching this thread and doing my best to pick up the knowledge that gets dropped.

Rob from AK Operators Union just released a 3000 round update for his PSA AKE test. Summery: Gun is running 100%, headspace is good, is holding under 1.5 MOA @ 400 yards with Barnaul.

Last edited by frozentundra; 03-05-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Are there any pistol AK in 762x39 with braces that are worth considering compared to a AR in maybe idk 300 black out as the comparison ballistically?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Rob from AK Operators Union just released a 3000 round update for his PSA AKE test. Summery: Gun is running 100%, headspace is good, is holding under 1.5 MOA @ 400 yards with Barnaul.

I’ve been very happy with the Barnaul fodder I have shot. No doubt that FN is capable of making a good barrel either.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Are there any pistol AK in 762x39 with braces that are worth considering compared to a AR in maybe idk 300 black out as the comparison ballistically?
    I picked up a Palmetto “Krink clone” a few months back. 7.62x39. I’ve run about 800rds thru it to date with no issues. Broke down and cleaned it after the last shoot, as my OCD got the best of me. I should have let it run. It has a decent trigger, is plenty accurate, and the folding brace seems to be holding up well too. It sure is a handy little thing.

Name:  B1EA8ACF-5587-42E2-A993-E636D7ADA955.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  74.0 KB
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Just saw where PSA is adding Circle 10 style mags to their AK offerings. Visually they look the same to my eye save the PSA logo where the Circle 10 would be. They claim steel internal reinforcements, etc. Interested to see the reliability of these and long term reliability of the rifles. If they hold up I may have to grab one to get back into AKs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Man I’m really tempted by this guy!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak...rifle-fde.html

Name:  516445722_1_2.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  19.0 KB
    Aaaaaaand I farted around too long and now it’s out of stock. I blame you fuckers!

User Tag List