Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Funny you mention UF. Atlantic just got in another lot of WASRUF’s.
    You're a bad man.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get all the guns I have setup how I want them before I buy any more. That's what I tell myself. I'm making progress. If I find myself being tempted to buy something I spend that amount of money on parts for the current project. Funny enough that current project is an AK. The next one will probably one of the AK's also. When that's all done my next AK will probably be a Draco. Then again I want a UF to leave stock so it wouldn't be a project.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You're a bad man.

I keep telling myself I'm going to get all the guns I have setup how I want them before I buy any more. That's what I tell myself. I'm making progress. If I find myself being tempted to buy something I spend that amount of money on parts for the current project. Funny enough that current project is an AK. The next one will probably one of the AK's also. When that's all done my next AK will probably be a Draco. Then again I want a UF to leave stock so it wouldn't be a project.
    Funny you say that...

I was digging around due to the new practical rifle thread, as reminded that the CZ527 comes in 7.62x39, and then thought "oh, if I got one of those then I could share ammo with that AK I keep meaning to buy because of the AK thread".

Don't need an AK, but want an AK... Is Arsenal still the basic go to?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Don't need an AK, but want an AK... Is Arsenal still the basic go to?
    Pretty much. Paint sucks ass but otherwise pretty much GTG. The Rommy guns have improved too.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Funny you say that...

I was digging around due to the new practical rifle thread, as reminded that the CZ527 comes in 7.62x39, and then thought "oh, if I got one of those then I could share ammo with that AK I keep meaning to buy because of the AK thread".
    But it has that dyslexic safety that’s backwards. Ultimately why I went Ruger for my big bore - so my trainer and boomer both operate the same. Otherwise I would’ve been tickled with a 458 holding 5 down.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Pretty much. Paint sucks ass but otherwise pretty much GTG. The Rommy guns have improved too.
    Damn, Arsenals seem to be outta stock everywhere unless I want a K model.

But it has that dyslexic safety that’s backwards. Ultimately why I went Ruger for my big bore - so my trainer and boomer both operate the same. Otherwise I would’ve been tickled with a 458 holding 5 down.
    makes for an interesting thought experiment, but my criteria is completely different. I've been shooting long enough, but also been out of it long enough, to find that it really doesn't matter what gun I pick up when it comes to things like switches, levers, ergos, etc. I took up sporting clays recently and have had next to zero issues with manipulations on a variety of guns. Your brain just get accustomed to things, and there just aren't that many variables (push on the thing this way, if it doesn't move then push on it that way and it probably will), that you figure it out pretty damn quick.

That said, my life situation (kids, wife, travel time to range, change in perspective re: "survival") has me using a completely different set of criteria than I used to. First, if I can't buy exactly what I want, then I just won't buy. really, that's criteria about 1-90 out of 100. then comes compatibility with other systems/products, reduction in ammo storage, battery type (I'm literally choosing my impending PCC optic based solely on battery type first, then everything else, because I can't deal with weird batteries anymore), etc.

All of that to say, if I can't buy exactly the AK I want with the features I want (or readily available with minimal fiddle-fart) for the price I want, it'll just remain a thought experiment (albeit one I greatly enjoy). If I can get over the lack of a threaded barrel, and the caliber, and the 527 pushes me that much closer to getting over some internal resistance to an AK too. In a weird way, the shortcomings of both guns can be overcome by some shared parameters like caliber. Especially since I still have ammo cans full of 7.62x39 out in my workshop.

Damn, Arsenals seem to be outta stock everywhere unless I want a K model.
    Atlantic has the DIY kits in stock. Gun minus furniture and muzzle device.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Atlantic has the DIY kits in stock. Gun minus furniture and muzzle device.
    Damn must be blind, I dont see any arsenal diy kits.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Damn must be blind, I dont see any arsenal diy kits.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    No Arsenal just Rommy.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List