Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    The RS Regulate krink handguards are out. Stamped or milled pattern guns. No yugo yet. Soon.

http://instagram.com/p/BwrxWR6Hen1/
    I forgot to ask if he ever did snag the Yugo he said was in the process to get a Yugo model out...still waiting for the Yugo...and does it work with an Ultimak top rail?

Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    I forgot to ask if he ever did snag the Yugo he said was in the process to get a Yugo model out...still waiting for the Yugo...and does it work with an Ultimak top rail?
    So far everything Scot has done has been Ultimak compatible. I know he managed to pick up at least an M85 for prototyping because we talked about how poorly built it was. I may or may not have been shown CAD images of products that may or may not be in the pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Finland finally releases the modernized RK62’s.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/30...edium=facebook
    Hmm... I wonder what it would take to clone one...?
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Hmm... I wonder what it would take to clone one...?
    Based on currently available guns as a base.

Milled AK
    Front end conversion to FSGB
    Cut stock tangs for AR adapter
    Tech-Sights
    Krebs Safety or Armacon/IPSC Lab tab installed on original
    Ronins Grips “Galil” grip for the AK
    Not sure what handguard would be the closest

Instead of converting an existing gun you could have one built using a Sharps Bros modernized receiver. I suspect either way will be $2kish.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Removed the GKR-10MS and installed the heat shield. Should have done it on initial install, but I thought I could live without it. People more experienced than me say otherwise. Today I zeroed the T-2 at 25y, confirmed 5" hight at 100y. Should put me 7" low at 300 according to StrelokPro. We'll find out at the match on Sunday.

Trying out an ACOG was an expensive gamble for me. Huge improvement over Aimpoint for me due to astigmatism. Only the muzzle brake (gamer/training gun), Magpul mags, RS Regulate Mount and ACOG remain from 2016. I desperately need some range time.

http://instagram.com/p/ByGKRR5g8cE/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Removed the GKR-10MS and installed the heat shield. Should have done it on initial install, but I thought I could live without it. People more experienced than me say otherwise. Today I zeroed the T-2 at 25y, confirmed 5" hight at 100y. Should put me 7" low at 300 according to StrelokPro. We'll find out at the match on Sunday.

Wow, that looks to me to be about the perfect epitomization of the "modern AK". Utilizes products that take inspiration from the AR market without trying to turn the gun into an AR. Mind if I ask what you think the total cost to replicate would be and/or a breakdown of the parts/pieces you've put into it, including the original gun, as it sits in that picture?

The LGS has an Arsenal Sam7K pistol with a SB Tactical, left side folding brace, that is speaking to me. Would an RS-312M mount allow me to mount a micro, and still have the brace reasonably fold, or would an Ultimak or other solution be better?

Other than AK appeal, does it do anything better than a .300 BLK?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The LGS has an Arsenal Sam7K pistol with a SB Tactical, left side folding brace, that is speaking to me. Would an RS-312M mount allow me to mount a micro, and still have the brace reasonably fold, or would an Ultimak or other solution be better?

Other than AK appeal, does it do anything better than a .300 BLK?
    The new 312 is the correct lower but I’d have to see the folding brace or at least know what parts they used.

The Sig skeleton stock does. The folding SB braces I saw looked similar.

http://instagram.com/p/BdDGYlBFaKQ/
    Last edited by Hizzie; 06-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

The new 312 is the correct lower but I’d have to see the folding brace or at least know what parts they used.
    Name:  54BDC7BD-3934-4E17-A944-89BB7BACB332.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  78.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List