Page 25 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Handguards need to be longer and the rail on the upper handguard could be lower. Unless they managed to put it at exactly the same height as the dustcover. Then it could allow AR sights if that's your thing.

I kinda prefer making use of the side rail on the AK but I guess if the railed dust cover holds zero then cool. Working on my M92 PAP pistol is annoying with the hinged dust cover.

The safety is perfection in my mind. I really like the Krebs safety but the BHO notch is stupid. And I don't like the location of the tab on the AKOU safety lever.

I'm not crazy about the stock but mainly just because of the looks. Form follows function.

WBP Rogow is producing an enhanced safety and hinged Picatinny rail from the Beryl. The Rail appears to only be available in AK parts kit form here though....
    http://armsofamerica.com/polishforge...andguards.aspx

The safety lever is on Arms of America site as well. I don't own, or really know much about AK's, so I can't say if these are super duper parts or not.

Longer hand guards are available and in some use with specialized units, like the Zenitco used on the Alpha AK (pictured below, along with the Larry Vickers homage). I actually have one of these rails waiting to go on my SLR107CR...I haven't yet been able to bring myself to 'update' the AK...The railed dustcover is interesting, especially if it holds zero better than the original Texas Weapons Systems unit.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 05-29-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

RS Regulate is now making an upper for their modular side rail specifically for the compact ACOG's.

http://instagram.com/p/BVYZ0h-jUM_/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Magpul is shipping 5.45 AK mags... Between that and the fact that Hornady V-MAX 5.45 runs 20$ for 50 rounds now makes me want to dump my 7.62 and pick up a 5.45.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    Magpul is shipping 5.45 AK mags... Between that and the fact that Hornady V-MAX 5.45 runs 20$ for 50 rounds now makes me want to dump my 7.62 and pick up a 5.45.
    I would never dump 7.62x39 myself but I have been itching to try out a 5.45. Would love to get an Arsenal SLR104 and take the KISS approach with it. Ultimak gas tube with an Aimpoint, VLTOR light mount and a sling.

I tried a buddy's 545 RD build. It was very nice but the recoil wasn't noticeably less than my 762 guns.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Tip for anyone running an Aimpoint Pro in RS Regulate mounts.

http://instagram.com/p/BWnmFaKjaHr/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

New option for running optics for guys without side mounts. AK Master Mount makes a steel bolt on side plate that replaces the FCG pins. Eliminates the need for a FCG retaining plate as well.

http://instagram.com/p/BZD5cTgDQXv/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List