Page 13 of 109 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

SLG, my two favorite AK mags have ribs running down the back. On the Bulgy Waffle it is one rib running lengthwise, and on the us palms it is a bunch of ribs running horizontally. I haven't bought any new AK mags in a couple of years so I have not tried the Magpul ones.

I bought a pile of Bakelite and plastic 5.45mm mags for like $7 and $8 apiece back in the day.

So what about drum mags? I like getting the wife to play French maid, but when I get to play Russian invader...:-)

Ronin's Grips ARM9 grip for the SAM7SF fans. Makes using the ambi thumb safety more natural.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Do you have a good source for them? They seem to be $45 plus. I certainly understand that quality mags cost, but I guess I'm spoiled by the quantities of really good M4 mags I have. Not to mention Glock mags... Even the best Sig and Beretta mags seem cheap by comparison.
    Unfortunately, K-Var has been vigilant in setting and monitoring of the sale prices for their Circle 10 mags for as long as I can remember. $45 is standard unless found second hand. They are top quality, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I bought a pile of Bakelite and plastic 5.45mm mags for like $7 and $8 apiece back in the day.
    Yep. Before, you could order them online, and they'd arrive in parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought some 20 rd Korean mags from Krebs no less. They really suck, as most people here probably already know. I like the idea of 20 rounders though. When I told Krebs how bad they were, and asked what mags he thought were good today, he said the metal Bulgarian mags were actually pretty decent, and are still cheap. I ordered some to try out. Alos heard the Polish mags are good to go, but haven't ordered any yet.

Bought a few M3 Magpul's to try. Haven't shot them yet but they actually seem pretty well done. Don't fit my Polytech, but they do fit the Yugo well.

Anyone have any meaningful experience with any of these?

Still no info on drum mags?

Doubletap
    Last edited by SLG; 02-24-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Bought some 20 rd Korean mags from Krebs no less. They really suck, as most people here probably already know. I like the idea of 20 rounders though. When I told Krebs how bad they were, and asked what mags he thought were good today, he said the metal Bulgarian mags were actually pretty decent, and are still cheap. I ordered some to try out. Alos heard the Polish mags are good to go, but haven't ordered any yet.

Bought a few M3 Magpul's to try. Haven't shot them yet but they actually seem pretty well done. Don't fit my Polytech, but they do fit the Yugo well.

Anyone have any meaningful experience with any of these?

Still no info on drum mags?
    As far as 20-rounders go, I generally used Hungarian 20-round mags. Never had a mag-related problem in probably 10,000 rounds worth of Tula and Yugo surplus.

http://whatacountry.com/error.html?a...-magazine.aspx

Pricier than I remember (used to be about $15), but I've done business with them before.

Ive used the Hungarian 20 rounders also, they are my favorite general purpose mags for shooting and having in a gun that's in and out of vehicles. The gun is lighter and less bulky. I keep a couple with soft point loads handy, and a few for shooting. They fit in 30 rd AR mag carriers nicely also, at least the carriers I've tried them in.

I don't know much about the mags around today. I had some waffle Bulgarians, and steel Russians and East Germans, they all were nicely made with few sharp edges compared to some others, and well finished.
    Last edited by Malamute; 02-25-2016 at 12:50 AM.

User Tag List