Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1083

Thread: Current state of the AK

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I knew about the tourniquet and field dressing but didn’t know about the muzzle protector…

Anyone heard a rumor about Kalashnikov USA getting some kind of international contract for parts and/or rifles? It wouldn't make sense in usual times. I wonder if it is a result of sanctions against Russia.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Rob Ski is saying his PSA 102 is about a 2" gun. Seems pretty decent to me especially for what the gun is.
    I’ve posted elsewhere about my poor experience with a PSAK103. I recognize that my experience is a singular data point and that many purchasers are happy with PSA products. That said, Mike Jones (Garand Thumb) acknowledges in his review video that he likely received a hand-picked rifle. It stands to reason that Rob Ski receives the same. The PSAK103 was my first (and last) PSA firearm. After a very poor experience I’ll never buy anything else from them.

Relevant comments at 8:30 of video review…..

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    I’ve posted elsewhere about my poor experience with a PSAK103. I recognize that my experience is a singular data point and that many purchasers are happy with PSA products. That said, Mike Jones (Garand Thumb) acknowledges in his review video that he likely received a hand-picked rifle. It stands to reason that Rob Ski receives the same. The PSAK103 was my first (and last) PSA firearm. After a very poor experience I’ll never buy anything else from them.

Relevant comments at 8:30 of video review…..

Garand Thumb did a sort of follow-up on his 103. I think he said it had 10,000 rounds on it without any drama.

Mike had some issues with his 5.45 specimen. PSA took it back and replaced some parts. He did a follow-up video on it and it seems PSA took care of the issues. Without going to and watching them all I think the 5.45 gun was breaking firing pins?

This jogged my memory. Here's the 7.62 follow up

Last edited by Tokarev; 10-11-2023 at 04:21 PM.

I am very tempted by the PSA AK-100s but at this point I think it best to spend money on the imports while they are available…. And when a Beryl is only slightly more expensive than a KUSA rifle the math is easier to me.

I have a strong suspicion that the PSA guns are only going to get better.

If I reach the point I feel compelled to do an “Alpha Build” I’ll probably start with a PSA.

As a fan of both Russian composers and the Kalashnikov - I highly approve of this video.

Mike had some issues with his 5.45 specimen. PSA took it back and replaced some parts. He did a follow-up video on it and it seems PSA took care of the issues.
    @Tokarev , As admitted to in a discussion on another site, the owner of PSA and Mike are on a first name basis. As evidenced by my repair experience with PSA, I can’t expect the same level of quality customer service as Mike or other YouTube reviewers.

Regardless, I just wanted to express an opposing experience to the positive YouTube reviews. Mine is a singular experience and I am very much a disgruntled former PSA customer who isn’t at all happy to have received a lemon. Thank you for allowing me to express an opposing view and engaging in a civil discussion. I love this site for that very reason. This is a great environment to have good firearms discussions.

I’ll bow out with one last contribution (I couldn’t resist ) ……..

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    @Tokarev , As admitted to in a discussion on another site, the owner of PSA and Mike are on a first name basis. As evidenced by my repair experience with PSA, I can’t expect the same level of quality customer service as Mike or other YouTube reviewers.

Regardless, I just wanted to express an opposing experience to the positive YouTube reviews. Mine is a singular experience and I am very much a disgruntled former PSA customer who isn’t at all happy to have received a lemon. Thank you for allowing me to express an opposing view and engaging in a civil discussion. I love this site for that very reason. This is a great environment to have good firearms discussions.

I’ll bow out with one last contribution (I couldn’t resist ) ……..

Ugh. Anyone who closes his eyes each time he shoots isn't someone I'm likely to take too seriously.

User Tag List