Page 85 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    https://thinlineweapons.com/wiki/ind..._Compatibility

I found this wiki listing of 5.56mm AK mag cross compatibility and thought it'd be worth sharing here.

I knew the PG and trigger guard/mag catch could be interchanged, had no idea about the FCG or bolt carrier! I had an SAR kit a long time ago (sold when I realized building it wasn't within my means) I remember the FCG having some significant differences when compared to my AK's, though. But different doesn't prevent interchangeable. Looks like I have more research to do. Thanks!
    The Galil uses the old AK47 double hook trigger, not the single hook AKM style, but a single hook works just fine. Hammer and disconnector are the same. The safety/selector is slightly different because the Israelis had a slot in left bottom side of the receiver for a lever that is attached to the axis pin of the selector. On an AK, it just goes through a hole in the receiver. The Galil does the same, but first it goes through a hole in the additional lever so it rotates with the selector and can be operated with the right thumb. The commercial models have a slightly different hook up that pivots off a pin on the pistol grip nut so the thumb lever operates opposite to the standard military one. Much more ergonomic and I'd love to retrofit one on my Galil or an AK. But they are unobtanium.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Got an “in stock “ notification from Atlantic today at 0908 telling me that 556 Beryls were in stock. I noticed the email at 0930 and they were out of stock.

Bummer. 😔

Galils are AKs. To me! Just like piston ARs, with side charging handles and FAL mags or in 7.62x39 are still ARs.

Where the lines blur is something like a Daewoo.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Just in at Atlantic - https://atlanticfirearms.com/wbp-556sr-jack-rifle

Looks like it’s simply an AKM chambered in 556.

If I didn’t have a M90 it would be an almost no brainer! Based on the Polish rifles I’ve handled this is really a great alternative to the Arsenal.

Vending Machine Operator
    I have been trying to find a WBP Fox or WBP Jack in 7.62x39 with red wood for about 3 straight months. If anyone should see those come in stock and be so kind to either quote this post or shoot me a private message, I would truly appreciate it.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Ski reviews the PSA AK102. The 101 (16" rifle version) is shipping now too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    A great statement of the AK market availability issue. I decided on a WBP Jack or Fox in red during the summer around my birthday in July. I have tried to find stock since. Now it's December, I've closed on a house, and my AK buying budget is likely nil for a year or two while I get a handle on home ownership costs.

Maybe when I'm back on the market in a couple of years things will be better.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Ski reviews the PSA AK102. The 101 (16" rifle version) is shipping now too.

Hoping to get a AK-103 by Christmas. My original intent was a KUSA side folder. Saw one at the LGS the other day and it was nice, but they are pricing a lot more than the Palmetto. It seems that Palmetto has solved their early issues so now I’m thinking…….

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Hoping to get a AK-103 by Christmas. My original intent was a KUSA side folder. Saw one at the LGS the other day and it was nice, but they are pricing a lot more than the Palmetto. It seems that Palmetto has solved their early issues so now I’m thinking…….
    KUSA seems to be giving themselves a black eye lately with slipping QC. Reports on the webs would indicate KP104s shipped with KS12 safety levers. KR103s missing mag catch levers and the occasional smashed trunnion rivet. So as PSA seems to be tightening things up KUSA seems to be taking their place.

If I wanted what looks like a pretty solid rifle for not too much money I'd probably buy this one:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-odg.html

No CHF CL barrel but I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker just for a range toy or general purpose heater.

With all that said, I do prefer the idea of the KUSA being that it is supposed to be a more authentic rendering of what the AK-103 is. AK74M based, etc.

User Tag List