Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

@Suvorov

Maybe reach out to JMAC Customs or CW Gun Werks. They'll probably make you a deal in this gently used rifle:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Hoping to get a AK-103 by Christmas. My original intent was a KUSA side folder. Saw one at the LGS the other day and it was nice, but they are pricing a lot more than the Palmetto. It seems that Palmetto has solved their early issues so now I’m thinking…….
    Tokarev has already noted it, but I occasionally browse the gun Reddits (though the quality of commentary is wildly lower than P-F, as to be expected) and I've seen a lot of recent QC issues with KUSA and a lot of pretty abysmal customer service and PR attitudes and reactions. It was enough that I don't consider KUSA a contender for my money anymore at this time.

I've also seen a lot of good PSA AK reports. Hard to tell what's chaff online anymore but I'd seriously consider some of the PSA options.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    @Suvorov

Maybe reach out to JMAC Customs or CW Gun Werks. They'll probably make you a deal in this gently used rifle:

Only if it comes with Ashley!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Only if it comes with Ashley!
    [emoji1783]

This would seem to be a good option if someone wanted to put some sort of Alpha clone together. Add whichever AR stock adapter and forend. Stick in an ALG trigger and be ready to roll.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ak-1...ure-ready.html

Along similar lines it might be kind of fun to get something like this:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ure-ready.html

Then buy whichever compact 308 can and pin it onto the barrel to avoid an extra tax stamp. I'd guess the can could to attached using a 24mm to ⅝-24 thread adapter. Or maybe the 24mm threaded nipple couple be cut off the gas block. Then maybe the exposed barrel could be threaded ⅝-24.

Edit to add:

https://www.eccomachine.net/suppress...t-conversions/

Maybe ECCO could take something like a Griffin GP7 and convert it to 24mm direct thread for pinning.

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-02-2022 at 05:11 AM.

I won a Yugo RPK Kit on GB to with the Childer’s sidefolder receiver sitting at home.

I need to finalize my decision on caliber and barrel length. I’m really leaning towards a dive back into reloading and a .358 version of the Grendel case in a 14.5 P&W.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Fun video! But leaving any NV mounted on your helmet in the daylight is just a rookie geardo flex - and that tendency in YT vids is being mimicked by younger Soldiers honestly thinking it's best practice. Strange times!

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Fun video! But leaving any NV mounted on your helmet in the daylight is just a rookie geardo flex - and that tendency in YT vids is being mimicked by younger Soldiers honestly thinking it's best practice. Strange times!
    Spoken like a true Senior NCO!

Now haven’t you got some barracks to flip?

@Tokarev - you are one enabling sukinsyn!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

It is a weird flex.. I couldn't wait to get them off my head and into my pouch lol

User Tag List