Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Just don't tell the Files or the AK groups on FB that the all polymer PMAGS work for you or the guys who have zero experience with them will let you know that they are prone to failure.
    I’m not bashful. The keyboard commandos get all fired up about it. Claim to have broken a bunch of Magpul mags just shooting from the bench. I beat and drop mine without failure. *shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Anybody have experience with the CNC Warrior side fold stock? Looks like a good option for a side folder with a standard rear trunnion.

http://www.cncwarrior.com/AK-Saiga-S...er-p/25362.htm

Quote Originally Posted by KG View Post
    Anybody have experience with the CNC Warrior side fold stock? Looks like a good option for a side folder with a standard rear trunnion.

http://www.cncwarrior.com/AK-Saiga-S...er-p/25362.htm
    Rock solid. Only complaint I had was it was Warsaw and not nato length.
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Rock solid. Only complaint I had was it was Warsaw and not nato length.
    Thanks. Looks like they have a NATO length now as well.

Notes from the field

Ran the beater SF with RS Regulate GKR-10MS in class over the weekend. As the pace and round count increased we got gas blocks over 200 degrees. The forward portion of the SF’s milled receiver exceeded 120 degrees. The warmest spot of the GKR was still under 100 degrees. That’s a noticeable difference.

With regards to the LPVO I can see why they are becoming the standard optic on AR15’s.

http://instagram.com/p/Bu3rCl5HlU7/
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    With regards to the LPVO I can see why they are becoming the standard optic on AR15’s.
    Agreed, but AKs are already so fracking heavy, I can’t quite bring myself to put such a heavy optic on any of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Agreed, but AKs are already so fracking heavy, I can’t quite bring myself to put such a heavy optic on any of mine.

I didn’t even notice it. Heavy scope on a milled AK.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post

It helps to position everything farther back with an RS Mount. I always went with Ultimak’s and after using AR’s for a bit recently, I am re-thinking that approach.

Not that you would put a scope on an Ultimak; I just recently realized how front heavy it becomes.
    Last edited by GAP; 03-17-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    It helps to position everything farther back with an RS Mount. I always went with Ultimak’s and after using AR’s for a bit recently, I am re-thinking that approach.

Not that you would put a scope on an Ultimak; I just recently realized how front heavy it becomes.
    Google it. Guys do run scout scope setups off the Ultimak. Balance is one of the reasons I prefer side mount. Also why I like milled guns.

Shot you a code in case you take the plunge.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I’m currently looking at the Century Arms C39V2 blade pistol. Anyone with first hand knowledge on these? I was going to build an AR pistol but 5.56 out of short barrel is not the best, and 300 Blk will get pricey with high volume shooting. This specific model popped up on my radar as I’m trying to keep the cost under a grand.

User Tag List