Views: 838
Size:  46.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Zastava BHO mag

Name:  EEC8DA34-9AB1-4524-B8CA-0A738802DCF7.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  46.3 KB
    Do those work like the steel Yugo mags that use the follower to hold the bolt open? Those always mess up my mag change mojo since they require more force to remove because you’re working against the bolt.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Do those work like the steel Yugo mags that use the follower to hold the bolt open? Those always mess up my mag change mojo since they require more force to remove because you’re working against the bolt.
    Yes.

Site Supporter
    I put the RD idea on the back burner. K-Var has Arsenal 107R's for $1299.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I'm very happy with my 107R. Given the current state of things, I'd happily pay $1299 for a 107R over any of the numerous $1000+ used WASR's etc currently on the market.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    That’s really a good move. The window on the guns may be shut very soon and you’ll be glad you bought a top shelf rifle. Strike fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I see where you are coming from. Having only spent the last year really concentrating on learning the ways of the AK, I prefer the Yugoslavian pattern just due to the fact that after 30 years on the AR platform the lack of a bolt hold open is just hard for me to mentally deal with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'm very happy with my 107R. Given the current state of things, I'd happily pay $1299 for a 107R over any of the numerous $1000+ used WASR's etc currently on the market.
    Amen

I followed your lead here and picked up one of those K-Var 107R's as I do not own any ex-commie made imports and I fear the worst is coming in terms of their future importation. I was able to convince Mrs. Fatdog she bought it for my birthday this week.

*IF* somebody wanted to buy an AK (or, in the current situation, was able to FIND an AK to buy) is the safest bet still to plunk down $1200 and get an Arsenal (again, assuming you can find one)? Have any of the other manufacturers such as KUSA or PSA made improvements to be worthy of consideration? Is it feasible to get a good -47 or -74 for under $1200?

For someone's first venture into the platform, would you recommend a -47 or -74 given our current climate? What about AK pistols with braces? I got to handle one from PSA owned by an acquaintance but didn't know if it was just a range toy or what...

I appreciate any time/guidance in advance, gents. Cheers.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mntneer357 View Post
    *IF* somebody wanted to buy an AK (or, in the current situation, was able to FIND an AK to buy) is the safest bet still to plunk down $1200 and get an Arsenal (again, assuming you can find one)? Have any of the other manufacturers such as KUSA or PSA made improvements to be worthy of consideration? Is it feasible to get a good -47 or -74 for under $1200?

For someone's first venture into the platform, would you recommend a -47 or -74 given our current climate? What about AK pistols with braces? I got to handle one from PSA owned by an acquaintance but didn't know if it was just a range toy or what...

I appreciate any time/guidance in advance, gents. Cheers.
    I’m not trying to be a dick here, but I think you’ll probably find the answers to that in the last ten or so pages of the thread if you haven’t read them.

But to answer a couple of questions that might not have come up.

7.62x39 for ammo and magazine availability, short and long term.

In 7.62 I would rather have a stock than brace due to recoil.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List