Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Current state of the AK

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Very good write up! Lays it out right there for a novice and even for me pretty much seals the deal on running HSG tacos.

Also - you don’t happen to be the same AK shooting Matt that lived in the Bay Area 10 or so years ago?
    Negative. I’m the guest. Matt posted on my behalf. I’m mentioned at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Roger that. I guess I should have read the fine print

I'm always interested to see how the AK is evolving in Russian military service. I also find it fascinating that Aimpoint CompM4s are apparently in use too...

The War Zone: Russian Commandos Jump From 33,000 Feet Over The Arctic In Unprecedented Exercise

Name:  https---s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com-the-drive-cms-content-staging-message-editor%2F1588020009609-.jpg
Views: 762
Size:  53.0 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Pandemic being what it is I still haven’t gotten to shoot/zero the AK, but I did get some sling hardware for it. Although I forgot about the fact that Magpul thinks we can install their qd cups without a screw...at least I got a sticker.

Name:  B7997450-0315-4B08-9EC9-19059CBF4D72.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  60.5 KB

Name:  651C1913-6AC5-43C7-BE4B-A1C07E7B7CA0.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  4C4DBA60-44A7-4C71-AF1D-CF17C6655B75.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  52.5 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Are milled AK’s are too heavy? Nah.

http://instagram.com/p/CBiJj1SAjnN/
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

What are some good current options for belt-attached 7.62 ak mag pouches? Preferably something that would work with a mix of polymer and steel mags would seem like a prudent way to go.

HSGI Taco seems a good option but their “belt mount” seems to leave a bit to be desired. Are there other, maybe polymer, maybe quick-attach, ways to attach a Taco to a belt?

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/13TA-13TA.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I use the polymer Tacos with a Tek Lok bolted to the back. One of their pistol/rifle Tacos so equipped rides in my SBR bag with my 10.5” AR pistol.
    Last edited by Rick R; 07-20-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What are some good current options for belt-attached 7.62 ak mag pouches? Preferably something that would work with a mix of polymer and steel mags would seem like a prudent way to go.

HSGI Taco seems a good option but their “belt mount” seems to leave a bit to be desired. Are there other, maybe polymer, maybe quick-attach, ways to attach a Taco to a belt?

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/13TA-13TA.html
    That's what I have been using, it's really the only thing I found that offers me the flexibility to use all the AK mag varieties. T,he belt attachment seems to be solid but it's kind of a PITA to get on as you have to undo your belt and thread it through to get it on and off. Once on it doesn't slide around any more than any other belt attached do-dad. They are also a little tight for my liking - the plus of that means that they retain the magazine well and there is not problem pulling the magazine free, but there is a learning curve and still a little fumbling to get the magazine in the pouch, especially when you keep the magazine at the 7-8 o'clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    That's what I have been using, it's really the only thing I found that offers me the flexibility to use all the AK mag varieties. T,he belt attachment seems to be solid but it's kind of a PITA to get on as you have to undo your belt and thread it through to get it on and off. Once on it doesn't slide around any more than any other belt attached do-dad. They are also a little tight for my liking - the plus of that means that they retain the magazine well and there is not problem pulling the magazine free, but there is a learning curve and still a little fumbling to get the magazine in the pouch, especially when you keep the magazine at the 7-8 o'clock.
    I find myself wondering if there aren't some sort of blade-tech or even just metal clips that would attach to the molle on the back but still allow a quick on/off without threading the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I use the polymer Tacos with a Tek Lok bolted to the back. One of their pistol/rifle Tacos so equipped rides in my SBR bag with my 10.5” AR pistol.
    ah perfect. Any pics or tutorial on how you made the connection? I assume it's solid?

I think I even have some tek lok and maybe even a taco in the workshop now that I think about it...

ETA:
    well double dumbass on me, I didn't even know there was a polymer taco until I replied and then googled.
    https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/16TA00-16TA00.html

User Tag List