Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul's new Remmy 700 SA "Hunter 700" stock and mag system

Magpul's new Remmy 700 SA "Hunter 700" stock and mag system

Hunter 700, $259.95 MSRP has an anodized aluminum bedding block, uses SGA cheek riser and LOP spacers, has M-LOK slots, has dimples to add swivel studs and places to add our QD sockets, weighs 2.9 lbs, and works with factory Rem bottom metal as packaged, or....

Remove a spacer (30 seconds) and insert our hybrid steel and polymer Bolt Action Magazine Well (MSRP $69.95, includes one magazine) to use AICS compatible magazines, speaking of which...

The PMAG5 7.62 AC is an AICS compatible polymer magazine with anti-tilt follower, MSRP $34.95. The magazine holds five rounds as packaged to comply with hunting regulations, but if you clip the follower stop on a pre-scored line, it becomes a 6-round magazine, useful in competitive shooting disciplines or just for an extra round.

#RESIST

That is sweet

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    That is sweet
    Yup. Do want. Might be dumping my B&C stock to help fund this.
    #RESIST

Yesterday I had decided to buy a Mcrees Precision stock, for a Remington 700 project I'm working on. Then I read about this last night. I'm going to try this one out instead.

If it does not work, I'm out a whopping 300-ish bucks, and I can probably resell it for not much of a loss. Plus, I already have a bunch of parts for the SGA stocks on two other shotguns.

Should be interesting.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Very curious about this. I'm currently doing some work for one of those chassis builders so I should probably not publicly gush over this thing, but you know...it looks like it's going to be way cheaper than any of the all-metal options. In fact it looks like it's going to cost about what a PRS costs that's I'd stick on a chassis.

And honestly I'm not good enough to really need a chassis system anyway.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Very curious about this. I'm currently doing some work for one of those chassis builders so I should probably not publicly gush over this thing, but you know...it looks like it's going to be way cheaper than any of the all-metal options. In fact it looks like it's going to cost about what a PRS costs that's I'd stick on a chassis.

And honestly I'm not good enough to really need a chassis system anyway.
    The PRS was what I was going to stick on the end of the Mcrees.

Then you add the Atlas bipod, and the AI mags.....This is looking to save me about 500 bucks that I can put toward better glass.

If it really weighs 2.9 lbs. then I am seriously interested. Next week I will be at SHOT checking it out.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I would think at least five bills, for sure
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

The guys pull ups really sealed the deal for me. I will be sketching out the build for 2015/2016

Before getting all excited about a plastic stock, I'd want to know for sure how stiff the forend is. Unless the bedding block continues forward most of the way or some seriously thick web sections molded inside the forend, it's a no go for me.

User Tag List