Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment Errand

I have one for my PPS and really like the idea, but there are two things about it that don't work for me. The belt hook doesn't fit my favorite Saddleback belt. The belt's too thick or the hook is too narrow.
    The holster length is too long for me where I carry and how my pants ride. The very end of the holster jabs me in the upper inside of my thigh when seated.
    I'll probably be putting it up in the garage sale section of the forum soon.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I got to try on an Errand and do a few draws with a PPS last night. Only used it for a couple minutes, but it was awesome!
    What is the appeal of this holster? I was under the impression it did not have any grip tuck features and could not be used with belts like the atlas belt because they are too thick for the clip. Not implying any thing negative about it just wanting more info.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I have one for my PPS and really like the idea, but there are two things about it that don't work for me. The belt hook doesn't fit my favorite Saddleback belt. The belt's too thick or the hook is too narrow.
    The holster length is too long for me where I carry and how my pants ride. The very end of the holster jabs me in the upper inside of my thigh when seated.
    I'll probably be putting it up in the garage sale section of the forum soon.
    Jody,

How thick is that belt? Its worked fine on all the belts we have tried it on. The length of the holster is really what most people like about it. Ive got the clip with some ride hight and cant adjustment now I'd be glad to send one out to you and see if that helps and maybe address the belt issue to.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    What is the appeal of this holster? I was under the impression it did not have any grip tuck features and could not be used with belts like the atlas belt because they are too thick for the clip. Not implying any thing negative about it just wanting more info.

The holster is designed as a quick on off holster for the small single stack guns. I has the velcro/foam feature of the "Keeper" and some ride hight and cant adjustment. The holster works with or Without a belt Huge for some, Im recovering from knee surgery and running around town in Sweats with a Shield in an Errand and a TI CP in our Clinch pick Sheath all with out a belt.

Here is link to some of the Videos I have made about the Errand, this might give you the info your looking for.
    http://keepersconcealment.com/videos/

Thanks
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Like I said, I only spent a couple minutes with it. I didn't get far enough with it to start thinking about wedges/pads/grip tucking - probably also because it was for a PPS so it was really flat and compact already. I think what really differentiates it from the Keeper is that it is for a small, light gun, and attaches with an aggressive clip that allows it to be worn with pants w/o a belt. That's the context I was thinking about. Hopefully I am not mischaracterizing it.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Doh, I see Spencer answered while I did. Glad to hear the answer from the source!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Jody,

How thick is that belt? Its worked fine on all the belts we have tried it on. The length of the holster is really what most people like about it. Ive got the clip with some ride hight and cant adjustment now I'd be glad to send one out to you and see if that helps and maybe address the belt issue to.
    The Saddleback belt is 1.5" wide and 0.300" thick.
    I also usually wear Duluth Firehose pants which have pretty heavy material doubled up at the waistband which adds to the problem.
    It's an issue I've run into before with other clip style holsters.

Yea, most people prefer 17 or 19 length holsters for 26 sized pistols.
    Sometimes they work for me, sometimes they don't so I've just started going with as short as possible and sticking with the low ride height.
    Thanks for the clip offer but I think I'll let someone else try it out and see if it can find a happy home with another forum user.

Like I said, I really like the design idea and execution of the holster but it just doesn't work for me and my skinny, bony hips and low rider jeans.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I almost never wear a belt with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I almost never wear a belt with it.
    I wish I could go without a belt, but I'm pretty much a tall skinny inverted triangle from my shoulders to my feet and I need something to keep my pants up other than wishful thinking.
    Even a Scandium J frame drags my shorts down unless I really tighten up the drawstring.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    The holster is designed as a quick on off holster for the small single stack guns. I has the velcro/foam feature of the "Keeper" and some ride hight and cant adjustment. The holster works with or Without a belt Huge for some, Im recovering from knee surgery and running around town in Sweats with a Shield in an Errand and a TI CP in our Clinch pick Sheath all with out a belt.

Here is link to some of the Videos I have made about the Errand, this might give you the info your looking for.
    http://keepersconcealment.com/videos/

Thanks
    Thank you Spencer.

User Tag List