Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment Errand

l
    Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    I will be adding adjutament to the clip for ride hight and cant very soon. No matter how good I get it.. I'm alwasys looking for a way to imporve my holsters..

Thanks for the write up!!!
    As I get more time with it I'll add additional thoughts. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    I use both, and love both. Both of mine are for the same gun (a PPS).

The DSG clip is a bit more secure. I believe that in any kind of entangled struggle over the gun, the gun will come out long before the holster will. That metal thing just BITES INTO cloth, particularly cotton. The Errand is almost as good. And I have one of the early T & E models (I think I have the third or fourth one made), and while the clip grabs really well, on the later ones, Spencer has made that even stronger with a couple of little alterations. So the difference in the two is probably only theoretical.

The DSG lies just a bit more flat on the belt, but only by a little, and that may be purely personal for my build.

The Errand is a bit more comfortable and concealable ( but again, only by a small margin). I think both have to do with the extra length of the Errand, as well as the rounded closed end, and the bit of soft velcro on the end. It rides extremely comfortably regardless of clothing.

For myself, it is an embarrassment of riches. I love both and have no plans to give either one up. Especially since my DSG is in a fun color
    Re the DS clip; visually it's similiar to the outstanding FIST clip. Both have that fish hook inside the clip. I've many years with the FIST. Love them. The DS clip is much much more aggressive in bite and hold. +1
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just realized I never got back to this thread to thank Chuck and Cecil in particular for their very helpful answers on ride height and comparison with the similar DSG model, I appreciate it! That approach to drawing gave me a lot more confidence with my FIST (now just need to do the plastic bag trick to loosen it up a bit). Sounds like the only right answer may be to get both the Errand and the DSG, I'm happy to support guys who are doing good work and especially for some of the less common pistols like the PPS.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Just realized I never got back to this thread to thank Chuck and Cecil in particular for their very helpful answers on ride height and comparison with the similar DSG model, I appreciate it! That approach to drawing gave me a lot more confidence with my FIST (now just need to do the plastic bag trick to loosen it up a bit). Sounds like the only right answer may be to get both the Errand and the DSG, I'm happy to support guys who are doing good work and especially for some of the less common pistols like the PPS.
    EricM,

If you look at DSG and my website you'll see that we both link to each other and a few other holster folks... not to speak for Tom but I know he'll agree. This isn't just about making $ it's about giving tools to folks so they can protect themselves and others.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    EricM,

If you look at DSG and my website you'll see that we both link to each other and a few other holster folks... not to speak for Tom but I know he'll agree. This isn't just about making $ it's about giving tools to folks so they can protect themselves and others.
    Pressing the imaginary "like" button on this.

You had me at hello....just placed my order

Site Supporter
    Any updates on this?

I'd also like to know if this was "Slim Fit" Green sweater concealable. If so, damn that was impressive.

I haven't had a lot of range time with it yet but I carry it quite a bit, and I'm still really happy with it.

I got to try on an Errand and do a few draws with a PPS last night. Only used it for a couple minutes, but it was awesome!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List