Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keepers Concealment Errand

Keepers Concealment Errand

Glock 42 - Cool idea, I quite frequently use it without a belt.

Works well with anything that has a drawstring like MMA shorts or sweatpants. I use mine to and fro from the gym.

Nice, thanks for the pic. Any tips on drawing from a holster that rides that low? I have a FIST #1 for my PPS that rides about like that, haven't used it much as I haven't yet figured out a decent way to draw from it. After typing the question, I wonder whether it might be easier to draw without a belt as you're using it...I'd still been using my regular Atlas when I first tried it.

Can anyone compare the Errand with the Dark Star Gear low-profile AIWB with the clip? The type of clip used is obviously different, pros/cons to either? Plan to order one or the other soon.

My DSG has a very similar ride.

The secret to AIWB use when the holster rides low, IMHO, is to learn the draw where you lead with your thumb against your belly to guide your hand into place to get a good grip on the pistol.

What he said^^^^^

I will be adding adjutament to the clip for ride hight and cant very soon. No matter how good I get it.. I'm alwasys looking for a way to imporve my holsters..

Thanks for the write up!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    My DSG has a very similar ride.

The secret to AIWB use when the holster rides low, IMHO, is to learn the draw where you lead with your thumb against your belly to guide your hand into place to get a good grip on the pistol.
    YES YES YES! Been doing that for years with the FIST and more lately with the VG2. Just not a problem. IMO way too much weight is given to full firing grip as passed down from legends. I've shot my mid-5's FAST from FIST holsters as I have from OWB. IMO that's not a big problem.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Ive always had better luck with concealment with the lower riding holster. This is my main complaint with most of the AIWB holsters Ive found. Ive never had a problem with grip if I drive my thumb as stated.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Ive always had better luck with concealment with the lower riding holster. This is my main complaint with most of the AIWB holsters Ive found. Ive never had a problem with grip if I drive my thumb as stated.
    Me too. AIWB only works for me if the holster rides low, especially on shorter guns.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post

Can anyone compare the Errand with the Dark Star Gear low-profile AIWB with the clip? The type of clip used is obviously different, pros/cons to either? Plan to order one or the other soon.
    I use both, and love both. Both of mine are for the same gun (a PPS).

The DSG clip is a bit more secure. I believe that in any kind of entangled struggle over the gun, the gun will come out long before the holster will. That metal thing just BITES INTO cloth, particularly cotton. The Errand is almost as good. And I have one of the early T & E models (I think I have the third or fourth one made), and while the clip grabs really well, on the later ones, Spencer has made that even stronger with a couple of little alterations. So the difference in the two is probably only theoretical.

The DSG lies just a bit more flat on the belt, but only by a little, and that may be purely personal for my build.

The Errand is a bit more comfortable and concealable ( but again, only by a small margin). I think both have to do with the extra length of the Errand, as well as the rounded closed end, and the bit of soft velcro on the end. It rides extremely comfortably regardless of clothing.

For myself, it is an embarrassment of riches. I love both and have no plans to give either one up. Especially since my DSG is in a fun color
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 01-23-2015 at 12:12 PM. Reason: grammar, punctuation

User Tag List