Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keepers Concealment Errand

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I wish I could go without a belt, but I'm pretty much a tall skinny inverted triangle from my shoulders to my feet and I need something to keep my pants up other than wishful thinking.
    Even a Scandium J frame drags my shorts down unless I really tighten up the drawstring.
    Try it on a pair of MMA shorts with a drawstring.

What SN said... it really needs a draw cord of some type.. but with that it works like a champ!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

A nice video review of the Errand and Keeper. starts at the 20.00 min mark.

http://blog.shooting-performance.com...s-xt-2c-light/
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I picked up and Errand 2nd hand for my PPS Classic and I really like it. At first I thought it wasn't going to work for me since there is no claw or hard wedge to tuck the grip and when I added a foam wedge it became uncomfortable. I left it alone for a while and just tried it again this week. For some reason its really working well for me know. It might be that I have different jeans now that are a bit more baggy. Anyway, I'm really liking it and carrying my PPS a lot now which is great because I love the gun.

One question: Is there a supposed to be rubber spacers under the clip where it attaches to the holster? When I received the holster it did not have these and I figured it was something the previous owner removed for some reason. Most kydex holsters I have seen have some sort of spacer between the clip and the holster. I added some o-rings that I had laying around from other holsters and its been working great with a belt.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I picked up and Errand 2nd hand for my PPS Classic and I really like it. At first I thought it wasn't going to work for me since there is no claw or hard wedge to tuck the grip and when I added a foam wedge it became uncomfortable. I left it alone for a while and just tried it again this week. For some reason its really working well for me know. It might be that I have different jeans now that are a bit more baggy. Anyway, I'm really liking it and carrying my PPS a lot now which is great because I love the gun.

One question: Is there a supposed to be rubber spacers under the clip where it attaches to the holster? When I received the holster it did not have these and I figured it was something the previous owner removed for some reason. Most kydex holsters I have seen have some sort of spacer between the clip and the holster. I added some o-rings that I had laying around from other holsters and its been working great with a belt.

No, it does not come with anything under the clip as I think that weakens the attachment. But if its working for you great!! You hit on something most folks dont think on and I talk about in my AIWB skills classes that pant fit is critical for AIWB to work well they have to be loose enough for the gun to have room to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    No, it does not come with anything under the clip as I think that weakens the attachment. But if its working for you great!! You hit on something most folks dont think on and I talk about in my AIWB skills classes that pant fit is critical for AIWB to work well they have to be loose enough for the gun to have room to fit.
    Thanks for the info. I'll try removing the spacers and see how it works.

I find that some low rise pants are tighter in the lower abdomen and don't have room for the muzzle end of longer holsters. This pushes the muzzle end in and causes discomfort and/or printing.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll try removing the spacers and see how it works.

I find that some low rise pants are tighter in the lower abdomen and don't have room for the muzzle end of longer holsters. This pushes the muzzle end in and causes discomfort and/or printing.
    YEP!!!!!

I'm digging the Errand sans belt.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    YES YES YES! Been doing that for years with the FIST and more lately with the VG2. Just not a problem. IMO way too much weight is given to full firing grip as passed down from legends. I've shot my mid-5's FAST from FIST holsters as I have from OWB. IMO that's not a big problem.
    I'm not sure I'm following this "drive the thumb" technique. Does anyone have a link to pics or video demonstrating this?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    I'm not sure I'm following this "drive the thumb" technique. Does anyone have a link to pics or video demonstrating this?
    When I saw Craig Douglas's entangled draw thumb position I thought it illustrated it pretty well. Note, in his application he keeps it flagged for shooting in a retention position but you might get the gist of it. Not sure where to find that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List