Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Press Out/Presentation Drills

Site Supporter
    Sorry I have no link, but Enos had a good thread on this some time ago. The consensus was among the "gamers" that a solid grip and draw was superior to a "Scoop" because draws aren't a major time saver and you're better off looking for time savers elsewhere.

That and dropped gun =DQ and the rest of the squad laughing at you until they pee. And the RO will watch you like a hawk for the rest of your life.

The scoop draw is fairly rare in the gamer world, especially in non race holster divisions. At a certain point the draw just does not get much faster the reps just build consistency.

Well I finally got back out to the range yesterday. I've been able to do a bit of dry fire lately but not much. I brought a .22 with me and spent some time first with it using Todd's press six drill at 5 yards. After running through it, I really like that drill and the way it works you into picking up the pace of what you are doing. I switched to 1911 and suffered the usual rimfire side effects - it took about 10 rounds to get my grip back to where it should be. I found the 2 second par time for one shot to be the point where shots started going wide. So I just kept working that and gradually tightened things up a bit. I think some continued work on this drill will really pay dividends. Thanks for all the input - I feel like I've got a road map for moving forward.

User Tag List