Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SAO Frame Mounted Safety Beretta 92 Centennial

15 years ago, I would have lusted after one of these, especially if they made a more pedestrian version that I could afford. Now, I'm far more comfortable with the DA/SA paradigm, and have come to prefer it for a lot of the reasons already mentioned by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Beretta is really moving right now, and for that I give Bill Wilson a huge share of the credit. The Brigadier Tactical changed the Beretta world for the better.
    Indeed. The Brig Tac's probably the best serious pistol they've ever made.

I'm also very glad to see Beretta trying things with the 92 again. I honestly don't know how huge of a difference the various options and features really make, but I'm glad to see them all the same.

Still, I'm disappointed that this Centennial wound up being an expensive limited edition. I don't have a big need for a Brig slide with frame mounted safety, but if they made one that MSRP's for under $1K, I'd probably find a way to get one.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Indeed. The Brig Tac's probably the best serious pistol they've ever made.
    It's too bad the base price is nearly $1200.... Even HK can make a serious pistol for cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    It's too bad the base price is nearly $1200.... Even HK can make a serious pistol for cheaper than that.
    I'm sure Beretta could as well. If they stuck a Vertec G slide on a standard M9A1 frame, with night sights and a D spring, it'd be a great pistol and shouldn't cost more than $750.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm sure Beretta could as well. If they stuck a Vertec G slide on a standard M9A1 frame, with night sights and a D spring, it'd be a great pistol and shouldn't cost more than $750.
    That's way too sensible of an idea for Beretta to ever consider it. That said they have surprised me over the past year, so maybe there is hope.

User Tag List