Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Gun Disarm Techniques

Reprogram the simulation!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I am doing Krav Maga and have learned two disarm techniques.
    1) Gun in back, arms up, rotate, lock gun arm, pound away on them with elbow/fist/kick until I can reach over and pull gun from hand.
    2) Gun held at head, use arms to push gun arm up and left or right, moving head away from muzzle, kicking in groin, and elbow, rotate into gun arm and remove gun.

I am sure there are a lot of other types and methods. It is an area I want to learn a lot more about.

Please post your favorite gun disarm methods.
    Cody
    Two areas that rarely get addressed in gun disarm training that I think are pretty important.

1) Setting up the initial move. Try and talk your hands as close as you can to the gun while supplicating. This works well to draw a gun closer to you if it's to far away. Try and get the bad guy verbalizing and make the move when he's talking.

2) Work from realistic gun holds and unconventional positions. If it won't work seated in a Smart Car, rethink it.

Having done this for real and lost some hearing over it it's strictly a last ditch thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yup.
    My dad was a K9 handler. I've been around very highly trained GSDs and other breeds my entire life and still to this day I never stop being impressed when I see a scene like that play out. That boy deserves a porterhouse! PACKEN FASS!!!

I like Master Ken's technique.

We are diminished
    So awesome.

Weapon Retention and Disarm

You will have to excuse the cheesy video, it was done years ago on a low budget. This was an improved program we (my previous company) developed for MCMAIP at Camp Pendleton. It was a simple program that the Marines could learn in an 8 hour training block and be successful at not getting shot with airsoft by the end.

Site Supporter
    Heh, what is it with Marines and Drowning Pool? (Just kidding man)

Some of those were very interesting techniques, and the retention techniques seemed like something that one would want to consider when going for a gun disarm...obviously the guy just pulling the pistol back and shooting you from retention is a major concern.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Heh, what is it with Marines and Drowning Pool? (Just kidding man)

Some of those were very interesting techniques, and the retention techniques seemed like something that one would want to consider when going for a gun disarm...obviously the guy just pulling the pistol back and shooting you from retention is a major concern.
    A major part of the instruction on disarm was focused on understanding distance and its relationship to time. When disarming from someone with an extended pistol a key to the technique is getting behind the pistol and off line quickly so that as the attacker pulled the pistol back it assisted the disarm. Many of the rotational techniques work very well but risk shooting the guy next to you. Situational awareness is of monumental importance when disarming; you have to start from the understanding that the gun is going to fire once and that shot can't be covering you or the guy next to you.

One of the Marines that we trained worked as a limo driver and had the unfortunate opportunity to disarm someone pointing a .38 at his head. When speaking to him after the incident he mentioned that the technique worked perfectly but he was surprised that the gun didn't fire. After talking he realized that he had disabled the cylinder form turning when he grabbed the gun.

ETA: Drowning Pool is like cat nip for Marines... It gets them running around humping and breaking stuff :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Which leads to:

Do they include a VHS player too?
    I just did a quick search on his name and that place came up with his videos. I don't know anything about the sellers at the link. The company he marketed his videos through is pretty bad on the marketing garbage , it is the production company more than him.

The techniques done on the video are done using simunitions , not airsoft. The first edition was with Bob and Randy Wanner and the 2nd dvd I think was with someone else but I do not remember for sure. Bob is the person that was behind REKAT and the ALMar Warrior blades.

"My apologies to Patrick Taylor. If you've taken some classes with him, can you describe anything about them? Firsthand report is way better than the sensational ad copy I was looking at. Thanks! "

Not a problem , I am thick skinned.

I agree on the ad copy , it is garbage.

Take a look at the video posted. In many of the disarms he makes no attempt to move out of the way of the bullet path before going for the weapon. In Bob's training this is not done.

User Tag List