Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Gun Disarm Techniques

I can't get too deep in the weeds, but the disarms taught as part of Mr. Lindell's weapon retention and disarming system are the best I have seen for good guys. One reason is that they are effective AND make it less likely to hit a third party with the almost inevitable shot that is going to happen in the middle of such an incident.

Not a fan of the "grab gun, try to beat the shit out of the guy" disarms.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post

Not a fan of the "grab gun, try to beat the shit out of the guy" disarms.
    Probably because you forgot to simultaneously pluck an eye out with thumb and forefinger.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    Which leads to:
    3 - Tapes:
    Do they include a VHS player too?

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    Do they include a VHS player too?
    Careful! You don't want him to beat you up:

Nobody who knows about Bob's fighting abilities would ever willingly go up against him without packing a loaded shotgun. Hand to hand, you will lose a fight against him, no matter how big, or muscled, or experienced you are.
    [insert repetitive jerking motion here]
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I like the rest of it too:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Taylor Fighting Videos View Post
    Bob Taylor is a little man with a smart mouth and a bad attitude. So he had to learn how to fight and win against the bigger guys who looked down on him and figured him for an easy target. In school. In the filthy streets ruled by drug-dealing gangs.

He's just 5 feet 6 inches tall, and maybe 140 pounds soaking wet (on a good day). Small features: thin arms, thin legs, thin neck. You'd never pick him for a fighter. Too little.

Nevertheless, Bob Taylor is widely regarded among the elite martial arts world as perhaps the best "self educated" street fighter around. Nobody who knows about Bob's fighting abilities would ever willingly go up against him without packing a loaded shotgun. Hand to hand, you will lose a fight against him, no matter how big, or muscled, or experienced you are.

Bob developed his unique style of "dirty fighting" during his 40 years of formal training, bar brawls and street fights bounty hunting and busting up narcotics gangs. He's worked as a private eye, a personal armed bodyguard to superstar rock groups (like Aerosmith, the Who and Led Zepplin), and a canine handler for 11 separate jurisdictions. He's also a recognized "Chi Master" - at an infamous Soldier of Fortune convention, he drove a steel rod through his forearm, tied it to a new Ford Mustang, and dragged the car 287 feet... without blood, without pain, without scarring. (Don't try this at home.)
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    http://www.defenseagainstcrime.com/s...eos/taylor.htm

I have taken classes with Bob Taylor. I don't know if he still teaches or not but his were the better ones I have taken on dis-armament.
    My apologies to Patrick Taylor. If you've taken some classes with him, can you describe anything about them? Firsthand report is way better than the sensational ad copy I was looking at. Thanks!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

We are diminished
    This has worked for me every time I've had to use it:

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    This has worked for me every time I've had to use it:
    Where do I learn how to do THAT?
    If I had this skill, I could make bullets hit down zeros every time.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    Where do I learn how to do THAT?
    I'm going to start teaching. Ten classes, $10,000 each, and you're guaranteed to be able to do that at the end. Please note that the graduation exercise for lesson 10 is that exact scene done live fire. If you cannot stop the role player from shooting you, then you fail and the guarantee does not apply.

If I had this skill, I could make bullets hit down zeros every time.
    It doesn't work on bullets because bullets don't have brains. I'm beginning to understand why you miss ...

However, it is useful when you try to convince the scorekeeper that you shot a perfect double.

Ah, the Kobayashi Maru. I just need to figure out a way to cheat
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List