Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update from IDPA Headquarters, CCP Division Wins

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I don't disagree that much on the scoring, but I do prefer Time Plus, much easier to compare across divisions.
    It is having issues, but http://combinedresults.info/ does the combined overall results. And many clubs post them.

My only point about the Glock 17/19/4.5"/4.25" guns is that they are popular in IDPA, but not in USPSA. And, you can be more competitive in IDPA with them.
    Not really, going against a Glock 34 is still going against a Glock 34, regardless of sport. Now with CCP you have an ESP Lite for them to compete against each other. But if they were already coming to IDPA why do you need to create a division for it? Instead you could've expanded the sport and brought a who other group of shooters to IDPA.

More IDPA evangelism.

I have been competing in SSP, and doing rather well BTW, with a Stock G19 (plus sights that is) against guys running things like G34s.

I was hoping this was going to be a sort of G19 and similar guns division, now it looks like the retards that pack micro 1911s got their own division.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I have been competing in SSP, and doing rather well BTW, with a Stock G19 (plus sights that is) against guys running things like G34s.

I was hoping this was going to be a sort of G19 and similar guns division, now it looks like the retards that pack micro 1911s got their own division.
    Chuck,
    I agree with you...not sure why they did this. But I plan to give it a chance and see what happens. There are some pretty sweet Glock and XDM triggers out there.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    More IDPA evangelism.
    Wait....let me check the subforum title....let's see....yep, says IDPA subform.
    I posted this information because it is clearly relevant to the IDPA subform and the IDPA sport.

Just to be clear: I am an advocate for all action shooting. Whatever sport you choose is good for improving your safety skills, your shooting skills, your equipment, your mental discipline, and your overall performance. I happen to prefer IDPA. Evangelizing infers that there is some kind of embellishment or inflation of IDPA or a fundamentalist belief. I try to be honest and not embellish. I certainly don't have blind faith in IDPA. I am naturally a positive guy, so that will come through. USPSA has its strengths, too. But this is the IDPA forum.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Site Supporter

If they get them to run they might be competitive

As great as the 1911 trigger is, I don't think it's the end all be all that some think it is and I believe that a skilled shooter with a glock, sig 224, or other type compact can be run as well or better. I seem to recall a guy named Ernest whooping up on a ton of guys with 1911's not too far back

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    If they get them to run they might be competitive

As great as the 1911 trigger is, I don't think it's the end all be all that some think it is and I believe that a skilled shooter with a glock, sig 224, or other type compact can be run as well or better. I seem to recall a guy named Ernest whooping up on a ton of guys with 1911's not too far back
    I agree.

I wouldn't dispute that there is a difference in shootability between different sizes of guns and different types of triggers, but I think in a lot of cases the perception of the difference is a lot bigger than the reality. I'm not talking Open gun vs. PM9, but more like 19 vs. 34, stock Glock trigger vs. 1911, etc.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    More IDPA evangelism.
    Discuss issues and not individuals, please.

"based on ESP"

What?

I thought this was going to be a good thing, now I'm thinking it's more retardery.

The thing is that by basing it on ESP the dude who carries a G19 that's stippled , or even one with a Vickers mag catch , or a M&PC with an apex trigger etc can compete with his carry gun if he wants. If it was based on SSP rules we would limit even more the number of guys competing with something resembling their carry blaster.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I don't see a whole lot of difference in this division, SSP, CDP, or ESP. It seems like IDPA had a chance to make a really unique division (slide mounted optics), and instead they basically made a new division that is just a combination of rules from the three autoloader divisions they already had.

Also, w/ regard to not having enough shooters in a division at a local match in single stack or limited 10, why not just compare yourself to the overall? If i'm shooting single stack or production at a local, my goal is to win high overall and beat the limited/open shooters or come as close as possible to the top shooters in those divisions. The fun part of a local match is that the scores are usually all posted in one mixed list. You could certainly use your carry gear in limited 10 and compare to the production shooters, or shoot your carry gun in limited AIWB with minor ammo and full magazines and compare to the production scores rather than the limited shooters.

User Tag List