Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Update from IDPA Headquarters, CCP Division Wins

Update from IDPA Headquarters, CCP Division Wins

That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

I wanted compact optics. I see the trend of the G19 with RDS and can only imagine that most people will be doing that eventually.

Give it time, I think it's safe to assume they'll eventually have both (how long that'll take is another can of worms). I think a lot more people have BUG guns than RDS guns though, it's a smart move on their part to attract not only more average Joes and Janes but the competitive BUG crowd as well.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

This isn't that exciting to me. The 8 round limit seems pointless.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Give it time, I think it's safe to assume they'll eventually have both (how long that'll take is another can of worms). I think a lot more people have BUG guns than RDS guns though, it's a smart move on their part to attract not only more average Joes and Janes but the competitive BUG crowd as well.
    I agree, it will be nice to not have to shoot against long barreled guns in ESP with my shield this year. It actually surprises me the amount of people online complaining about this class. I don't know and am curious, do people want the optic class because that is truly what they carry or they just want it to be faster in competition? Unlike the other shooting sports the thing I like about IDPA is you can take a stock pistol, and average gear and have fun and compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    This isn't that exciting to me. The 8 round limit seems pointless.
    Equals the playing field, again with my shield in ESP I have to generally do another reload more then the other guys, no big deal but extra time to my score. I think with the popularity of the small single stack carry guns IDPA made a good move..my opinion.

Fair point. Totally selfishly, I was hoping for a division that separated G34 size guns from a G19, but didn't make me reload more often. I'm guessing that the 8 round limit is as much about compact 1911s as it is about single stack polymer 9s.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

It'd be funny to shoot a match with my Kahr PM9.

"based on ESP"

What?

I thought this was going to be a good thing, now I'm thinking it's more retardery.

It'd be funny to shoot a match with my Kahr PM9.
    +1 - FTW!

User Tag List