Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ALG 6 second mount is in production

Site Supporter
    Any reason you couldn't put an RMR on one of these ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Any reason you couldn't put an RMR on one of these ?
    I was under the impression that the mount pattern is for a T/H1?

Like the idea of a non reciprocating optic as IMO they have a better chance for long term survival. Would have though making one for a MRDS made more sense for a handgun, but then I think it was designed around very specific requirements. I would imagine that if the concept takes off they could offer up various options for the optic type and hopefully different gun types.

Still want to know why it's called a 6 second mount. Looks like you have to pull the trigger pin.

Could be fun as a HD weapon or a game gun b

I'd make dang sure my Glock was ejecting properly before I purchased one of these mounts.
    It looks like a ugly malfunction just waiting to happen with a erratically ejecting Glock.
    All the ejection should happen just behind the mount/optic, but it'd be tough to clear a vertical stovepipe or one of the horizontal stovepipes Glocks get every once in a while.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Still want to know why it's called a 6 second mount. Looks like you have to pull the trigger pin.
    The name, 6-Second Mount, comes from a description used by one of the operators: “The fight lasts 6 seconds… Either they’re dead or you’re dead, and aggression saves the day.”
    From the link in the first post
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Like the idea of a non reciprocating optic as IMO they have a better chance for long term survival. Would have though making one for a MRDS made more sense for a handgun, but then I think it was designed around very specific requirements. I would imagine that if the concept takes off they could offer up various options for the optic type and hopefully different gun types.
    Forgot to reply to this, but there are definitely other options out there besides the ALG, including some for MRDS.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...owtopic=161692
    http://www.preciseshooter.com/blog/P...opeMounts.aspx
    http://www.aimtech-mounts.com/SEMI-AUTOS.htm
    http://www.amazon.com/Mako-Glock-Tac.../dp/B0010DQ21M
    (links are simply offered as examples: not endorsements)

The competition guys have been doing frame-mounted optics for a long time now (long before slide mounted MRDS), so it seems the ALG is just a new execution of the old concept taking off in the "tactical" world.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    ALG has one less gray mount available. I'm currently high bidder on a Gen 3 G17. Only need an Aimpoint if anyone would like to gift me one :-)
    I'll try it on a G19 & report back if it fits.
    It does fit my Gen4 G19.
    Waiting for my G17 to arrive and thinking the Aimpoint H1 will work for me (High drag, low speed).
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    It does fit my Gen4 G19.
    Waiting for my G17 to arrive and thinking the Aimpoint H1 will work for me (High drag, low speed).
    That's what I thought. When I first saw the "gen 3" marking, I wondered why since the dimensions are the same. Emailed Geissele, they said "we haven't tried it on a gen 4".

These things are pretty sweet IMO. Makes a G17 shoot like a rifle.

If someone made an AIWB holster for it, I'd buy one tomorrow. Should work, the optic would sit at the belt line...

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Sooner or later we'll see some purpose-built guns with frames and slides designed around the concept of having a non-reciprocating mount, and somebody's going to get I-bought-Mallorca-rich off it.
    We have those guns. They are called...revolvers.

-Rob

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I lolzed. OTOH I'm medium drunk.

But that is an interesting point. Honestly, a six shooter with a long but not overly heavy trigger and an MRDS etc would probably be about the most kickass "standard issue CCW gun" one could really design.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List