Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALG 6 second mount is in production

ALG 6 second mount is in production

Thoughts? Apparently Raven has made a holster for somebody with one.

http://soldiersystems.net/2015/01/09...-finally-here/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm late to the party as usual, but this looks interesting. It is for the G17 size Glocks and I have several G19s.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

It looks like something Han Solo would pack.

I could perhaps see it as a dedicated home defense weapon.

I'd like to see something like this that would fit on any pistol with a rail. It could be temporarily mounted with a scope to test the accuracy of your pistol and ammo. Then removed for carry.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Personally I have no use for it but I could see it on duty guns for sure.

Until guns get a redesign that puts a big block of frame up where we usually mount RDSs, I basically see refinements of this concept as the best duty option. My experience with slide mounted optics has left me a little cold.

Sooner or later we'll see some purpose-built guns with frames and slides designed around the concept of having a non-reciprocating mount, and somebody's going to get I-bought-Mallorca-rich off it.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Whenever I might have the disposable funds for another micro Aimpoint, I'll be very tempted to get one of these.

Looks like it would be a joy to shoot on my G17. The combined weight of the mount, optic, and my light/laser should make for a ridiculously soft shooting pistol that even my recoil-shy wife might enjoy.

I also know she shoots amazingly well with nonreciprocating red dots on pistols, so this could make for a HD pistol that either of could use very effectively.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

I plan to get one for my bedside 17L.

This thing is making me consider a G34 or perhaps a 17 as a dedicated HD gun. The frame mounted RDS works more better for me, and this plus a 20-round mag would be a sweet setup.

ALG has one less gray mount available. I'm currently high bidder on a Gen 3 G17. Only need an Aimpoint if anyone would like to gift me one :-)
    I'll try it on a G19 & report back if it fits.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

User Tag List