Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting take on speed reloading....

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    LOL -

I didn't have an issue with TH's just standing there as it's a video of a single technique. Getting off the X, moving behind cover are all part of the whole Kata. This was a single slice of the pie IMHO.
    I would think that if you can slap a new mag into your gun in a second or so, that is faster than spending several seconds performing the rest of the Kata.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    This.

And if I'd known in was a Panteo Productions video I wouldn't have watched. You know the guy who owns the company is a convicted felon who ripped off a number of well known folks in the gun industry, right? To borrow a phrase from a friend, "I'd let my kidney burst before I'd piss on him if he was on fire."
    Not only that, but their Portuguese pronunciation makes my ears bleed. Panteeeeee-oh. Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Thanks for that info TLG, damn shame too since those vids have a ton of good peeps in them....wonder if they know?
    I brought it up on another forum that many here frequent; my post was deleted and I received a PM saying that A. it wasn't the place to discuss it and B. it was fairly well-known in the industry (not being anywhere close to this industry, I cannot comment on that).

Whether or not the people involved in these videos know? One can only speculate.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

This is the same guy that also used to work for Woolrich on their tactical wear line, and then left the company to found Eotac (now out of business) which made a pant that was apparently shockingly similar to the Woolrich Elite Pant.

(full disclosure: I am homies with the dudes at Woolrich, so there is no love lost for this dude from me either).

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    This is the same guy that also used to work for Woolrich on their tactical wear line, and then left the company to found Eotac (now out of business) which made a pant that was apparently shockingly similar to the Woolrich Elite Pant.

(full disclosure: I am homies with the dudes at Woolrich, so there is no love lost for this dude from me either).
    Isn't it funny how people who do business with the guy keep end up coming out on the short end of the stick while he goes off to start some new venture?

Some might even go so far as to say there's a pattern. I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to hand that fellow my credit card information.

Well...shit! Never knew that! Glad I never bought anything from him w/ my CC. I did, however, buy some of the shorts from Eotac (with cash @ Carolina Cup 2 years ago)...don't think I would had I known that...

Trying to remember if I ever saw him holding a gun...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Isn't it funny how people who do business with the guy keep end up coming out on the short end of the stick while he goes off to start some new venture?

Some might even go so far as to say there's a pattern. I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to hand that fellow my credit card information.
    This. It is why I have been the only guy in my "circle" wearing Duluth Trading Co. clothing instead of the stuff Fernando was behind. I have no issues with Travis Haley, and many of the others "used" for the video's. Most are great folks in our little world. When I saw who was introducing a Panteo Video.........yep, I had some vomit in my mouth.

Dumb beginner question.....

Isn't method #1 the only one that keeps the muzzle pointing at the backstop/berm? Isn't that a consideration, especially at an indoor range?

It'd be helpful to have some guidelines on when & where the "four rules" are typically broken to enable realistic training.

Exclamation

It'd be helpful to have some guidelines on when & where the "four rules" are typically broken to enable realistic training.
    Uh, never. Despite some of the horrendous youtube videos portraying truly stupid gunhandling, breaking the four rules is a great way to hurt yourself or others. Once you ingrain the rules, you will adjust yourself or the firearm so that when you do realistic training you not violate the rules.

Many "good" reload examples I've seen -- including some here -- would sweep the ceiling at an indoor range. A ceiling certainly qualifies as something I don't intend to shoot, and so by the "four rules" I shouldn't be pointing at it.

It seems to me that in the draw stroke, you are briefly pointing at something you don't intend to shoot(the floor), but it's unavoidable without ludicrous contortions. When you reload, you do have the option of keeping the muzzle downrange. But the consensus here seems to be that the technique that points the muzzle up and to the side is preferred for speed and reliability.

Just trying to understand how that balances with good range etiquette.

User Tag List