Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting take on speed reloading....

Interesting take on speed reloading....

Yea, I've found through practicing and competition that I'm a bit faster doing the reload in the "box" right in front of my face. We have had some SWAT guys come back from regional training and the trainers are still making them hold the gun at arms-length and do a reload or a tac-load. I can't figure it but...

I agree Kieth. I have fairly small hands and have to twist the G17 in order to hit the magazine release. Much quicker and positive to do so in my work space.

I think common sense says that If you need to reload, it would be best not to be standing in front of the threat.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

if you can't hit a reload standing still, you probably won't be able to do it when getting out of the way. And sometimes, competition or in a gunfight, you may not have the option of moving, walls, doors, targets that still need to be shot etc, can make it so that you do have to just stand there.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I drive my elbow right back to the same index point I am using for retention shooting, which puts the gun right below my line of sight. I am also a "Fighting stance that is sort of Weaverish" shooter (I know....square range dinosaur who has no idea about the real world), so when I come back to my work space my support hand can easily assist in striping a mag. This is one of those habit things from the days when mags didn't fall free like clockwork every single time without fail. Essentially, I like the higher workspace reload.

I was very thankful that Travis Haley came on the video.......I almost clicked it off when it first started.

I was very thankful that Travis Haley
    LOL -

I didn't have an issue with TH's just standing there as it's a video of a single technique. Getting off the X, moving behind cover are all part of the whole Kata. This was a single slice of the pie IMHO.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    if you can't hit a reload standing still, you probably won't be able to do it when getting out of the way.
    This.

And if I'd known in was a Panteo Productions video I wouldn't have watched. You know the guy who owns the company is a convicted felon who ripped off a number of well known folks in the gun industry, right? To borrow a phrase from a friend, "I'd let my kidney burst before I'd piss on him if he was on fire."
    Last edited by ToddG; 08-08-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks for that info TLG, damn shame too since those vids have a ton of good peeps in them....wonder if they know?

Todd, did not know that.

User Tag List