Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Threat Concealment

I find that first time IWB users have a hard time sticking kydex in their waistline (especially something wide, like Raven, or bulky like Bladetech). Leather is more forgiving and comfortable, especially for the new user.

JM Custom Kydex all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I find that first time IWB users have a hard time sticking kydex in their waistline (especially something wide, like Raven, or bulky like Bladetech). Leather is more forgiving and comfortable, especially for the new user.
    I always have my eyes peeled for a used Glock IWB leather holster. I have a JRC Custom AIWB and like it.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I got some good choices to look at now . Thanks for all the advice. I always want to learn, especially if I am going about something the wrong way.

Would in creases my pants waist size also be wise?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

Would an increase in my pants waist size also be wise?
    1" is fine but wait and try a good holster and good belt.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Honestly I am a bit of a sissy when it comes to AIWB, and not sure I could go that route.

I have tried Blackhawk IWBs, Galco IWBs, and a Cross Bread super tuck. I guess trying to go cheap is why it seems impossible to make happen, and that OWB was my only real option.

Right now I wear a 31 waist size, but I suppose I could move up to a 32 to give me a little extra room.

I really like the looks of the Raven and JM Custom. Are there any major advantages/disadvantages between the two?
    TheNewbie, I am the HMFC at JM Custom, let me know if you have any specific questions for me. Thanks

I go 2" bigger in my waist size. Always have from day one. Makes a huge difference.

I am familiar with HTC. I cannot recommend them at this time. Especially for you (size-wise). I'm just a hair bigger than you and a trim IWB like a summer special type holster would be the way to go IMO.

I want to try the OWB by HTC. The molding looks very precise and they use Boltoron, and I haven't handled a holster from that material. I believe the guys running the business are former DSS.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

They were DSS contractors on WPPS as I recall. I have yet to meet a DS Agent that likes their gear.

I haven't seen an argument that I liked from the customer end that boltaron is better, if that was your only reason for looking into it. It may be a little more fire resistant though so if you find yourself needing a fireproof holster that may be the ticket. Most of the advantages seem to be for the maker, it seems to finish a little easier making for a nicer edge. There are other nuances that some like but that might be like artists comparing the number of bristles in a brush.

I would also be cautious when reading about proclaimed differences. Many people aren't aware that their selling point on Boltaron over Kydex is moot as both companies offer a variety of products and what they are actually buying may not be as different as they think. Ask for a specific material and look at either website, properties for comparison are easily searchable.
    Last edited by orionz06; 01-20-2015 at 10:36 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List