Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Threat Concealment

Brian Hartman of Progressive Force Concepts is working with them on something. He seems to like their work.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

As stated above, stick with Raven, JM Custom or Dark Star. There are so many start-up holster companies making gear it's hard to follow them all. I've known the guys from Raven for years, I've talked with Tony and orionz06 multiple times when ordering holsters. They know what they are doing. There is more to holster design than just copying one and trying to reproduce it. Those are the only three kydex companies that will get money from me. That said, my Eidolon arrived this morning and I've been wearing it all day. It's an excellent design, very comfortable. Along with my JM Custom AIWB, the best two holsters I have ever used.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by State View Post
    They were DSS contractors on WPPS as I recall. I have yet to meet a DS Agent that likes their gear.
    This ^^^^^. They are more of a low visibility duty belt or war belt then a true concealment option.

In my experience, using cheap posters and cheap belts to carry a gun is like wearing cheap shoes.

You won't go wrong with a Kydex 0WB holster from Raven, Darkstar gear, or JM. For IWB, I prefer leather and melt Sparks is the best I've found. I've run the summer special and executive companion in the past but the VM -2 is the most comfortable inside the waistband holster I've used in 20 plus years of carrying a gun all day every day.

Some groups within DSS issue the Raven holster with WML for the X300U and it is well liked. I certainly like mine and carry it daily as an IWB with WML attached. Even for low vis, lots of guys are running tacos and/or their normal concealment gear on a 1.5 inch but adding a M-4 mag pouch and/or maybe a ALS if they need the retention capabilities and greater armor standoff.

Site Supporter
    What would you all suggest for a good belt? I prefer leather but I am open to other materials as well.

Mean Gene is mating a leather belt with the Ares Gear Aegis buckle, I'd check that out if you want leather.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Mean Gene is mating a leather belt with the Ares Gear Aegis buckle, I'd check that out if you want leather.

From my Motorola StarTAC.
    I'm getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What would you all suggest for a good belt? I prefer leather but I am open to other materials as well.
    The Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flier 5 Stitch
    #RESIST

I second the wilderness 1.5 inch five stitch. For times you want something dressier, there are plenty of good leather options. DelFatti, Mitch Rosen, Kramer, and some of the guys that post here. Wait times for leather with some custom makers will probably be long...very long. Get the Wilderness. Inexpensive, it works well, and infinitely adjustable (sort of) for your all you can eat buffet days.

The Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt is the finest gun belt made, IMHO. I've been wearing one daily for over a decade. All my leather gun belts were given away to friends.

OP, if you would like to try a Kydex IWB, I have a Blade-Tech IWB holster for a Glock 19 (Right hand, original model). Just let me know.

User Tag List