Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Surefire XC-1 compact WML

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    And that's what it is: STUCK.

Free your mind, your ass will follow.

The civilian self-defense practitioner is not (say again NOT) trying to remain clandestine subsequent to an over-the-beach movement that followed swimming up from a submarine's bloody torpedo tube.
    If not a lot of hyperbole, perhaps more then a little hyperbole? I haven't been able to find where in this topic that it was advocated to avoid such compromise following such insertion, hence why I was under the impression you might be replying slightly ridiculously. I apologize for that confusion on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    I still don't follow why the light automatically engaging would encourage administrative use of the light any more or any less then a manually-activated WML would.
    Unfortunately, most people who buy guns and gear prefer to buy guns and gear but not training.
    In the middle of the night, they draw their gun and the light goes on and its the only light they have, so...

Maybe it's a training scar, or perhaps more properly a non-training scar.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    Necropost, but... these things have been out a couple of years now. What's the verdict on long-term reliability? SKD briefly had the XC1-A for $175 today - they're already sold out but the sale did put this light on my radar.

If you overtighten the mount, it will break one of the "claws". User error, though an annoying one because it shouldn't happen.

If you don't tighten down the battery cap appropriately, it will eventually come off while firing. User error.

If you don't put Loctite on the threads of the mounting screw, it will loosen and fall off while firing. User error.

No other observations on my end. No issues with either of the two I have, and I haven't noticed anyone in my agency complaining about any sort of issue other than what's stated above (they're issued to everyone).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List