Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC-1 compact WML

Don't expect to see it first quarter. Probably not second quarter either. I haven't shot it yet but I will soon, and it looks really outstanding so far. They want to make sure it is really right before letting it go to far.

Hilton Yam said 3rd quarter on his 10-8 Facebook page.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

If it's anything like the M300V, prepare to wait 2 or so years. The raw look in the hi-res pictures makes me think it will be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Don't expect to see it first quarter. Probably not second quarter either. I haven't shot it yet but I will soon, and it looks really outstanding so far. They want to make sure it is really right before letting it go to far.
    You need to write a daily SHOT summary -- you are at every booth it seems like!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'd rather see a single CR123 battery powered X300 compact that would fit on the shorter rails of the HK45c & M&Pc. And then maybe a hand held light with strobe capability.

But there was some interesting ideas on there. Like the new Scout tail cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I bet good money this thing won't run for shit on alkaline. Instead, it's another size of lithium battery to purchase/store... and I don't have anything else that I'd run on lithium AAA.

Very good point. That exact thought occurred to me when I saw this yesterday.

I know it's a Surefire, and I don't operate, but, here are my thoughts:

1. I don't see how this thing will throw 200 lumens powered by a single AAA for more than a couple of minutes. As others have noted, if I have to use SPECIAL AAAs for just this light, it doesn't solve any problems for me. Every other light I own runs on CR123s - so I'm in the "meh" category on AAAs
    2. The "on" push-through buttons look pretty small, I expect finding it in a hurry (especially in the cold wearing gloves) will be sporting
    3. The attachment appears to be a screw-tensioned device ala the TLR family. I see problems coming when used on GLOCKs
    4. It's small, but it's not THAT much smaller than the INFORCE, which throws similar light on a single battery and gives pretty darned good battery life.

All in all, I think my wallet is safe from this.

I wonder how much it will cost. Knowing Surefire it's going to be in the $350 range. Plus I'd have to order more JM holsters!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I wonder how much it will cost. Knowing Surefire it's going to be in the $350 range. Plus I'd have to order more JM holsters!
    I read an MSRP of $219.

Anyone know if the XC1 is coming out soon?

User Tag List