Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire XC-1 compact WML

Site Supporter

Surefire XC-1 compact WML

http://gearscout.militarytimes.com/2...-pistol-light/

I'm not usually one to be a beta tester but I really want to get my hands on one of these.

Wow!

Maybe next year, even one with a green laser too, in the same footprint.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Oh man, takes one AAA. SIGN ME UP.
    #RESIST

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Even if the footprint grows some, this is what I'd like to see.

With current technology, I no longer want to hang a WML off a pistol unless it also has a laser. (Not saying a light by itself isn't useful, just that there are so many light/laser options on the market these days, I've given up on regular lights)
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Site Supporter
    Price and date of availability?

I won't hold my breath for this, as we've been waiting on the single-cell x300 and some other products for awhile now. And since every other flashlight on my person and in my kit is powered by CR123's, the battery-type argument does not relate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh man, takes one AAA. SIGN ME UP.
    Get outta my head!

What if they paused the single cell X-series in favor of this? The single sell was only ever an ugly prototype. This looked more like a product ready for market.

Then again it is Surefire, they could wait a year and not care.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    It is certainly a change for Surefire to move away from CR123. Even when every other flashlight maker out there was selling high-output AA lights, Surefire refused to hop on board.

While I appreciate how it impacts footprint, the switch to AAA is actually kind of "meh" for me. Sure, we all have drawers full of alkaline AAA cells, but I bet good money this thing won't run for shit on alkaline. Instead, it's another size of lithium battery to purchase/store... and I don't have anything else that I'd run on lithium AAA.

I'm still interested if they get around to incorporating a laser. I'd just have to order some lithium AAA's online so as not to pay highway robbery prices at the store.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes please, or even an option with just a green laser (no light) in the same footprint.

I'm hoping the switching will be better than most other compact lights/lasers, with a real momentary mode. Brochure says "ambidextrous momentary- constant-on push-through"...does that mean the equivalent of a forward clicky? Would be nice if they'd make a DG switch that was compatible with this little guy.

I'm surprised to see the choice of battery. 200 lumens is a lot for a single-cell AAA light!

User Tag List