Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newb accuracy questions

I've wanted a .22 pistol for a while now. But between hearings some of the cons of .22 training plus not having a .22 model pistol that's the same as what I shoot, I've just been scared to get one. I've got some snap caps I use. But today I tried empty casing and my vp9 actually feeds empty cases very smooth. So I was just loading empties and regulars.

Well I decided I wanted to black out the rears and paint the front with pink nail polish.. It helped. A METRIC FUCKLOAD!!

On the 3x5 index car (pic below) I drew and fired 5 shots from 7 yards as fast as I could while still aiming and not just randomly pulling the trigger. No shot timer because I use my phone and it's not loud so it has to be held by my ear and I was alone.

The next is slow fire from I think is about 12 yards (don't have the spot I was shooting from measured out) this was 5 shots slow fire (the round outside the square is not apart of this group) I'm very happy with the progress I've made just by painting the sights. Now I know for sure what sights I want!!!!

Good shooting.

That trash can looks DOA.

It's actually a dryer lol. Got the wife new washer and dryer and cut up the boxes to look like idpa silhouettes

Site Supporter
    Nothing wrong with those groups! I'd be getting my butt over to the nearest IDPA or USPSA competition if I was you.

It provides for one heck of a learning experience and you'll learn a lot about your own practical accuracy too.

Plus it's fun as all hell

That's what I want to do. I THINKS there is a local match to me (bham Alabama) but I need to call and make sure. I really wanna compete just to see how bad I really do suck. I need to work on my draw and reloads a lot. Plus work on everything else. Right now I'm trying to figure out if im going to sling shot the slide on reloads or focus moving my thumb over ontop of my support hand to keep from hiring the slide release and reload with a slide lock lever. I feel like if I went in front of people all my issues would multiply by 1000. I shoot pretty damn good (for me) by myself, even with a buddy shooting I notice a difference. Add in other people and aomebody "keeping score" and I'm pretty sure I'd drop the gun and forget how to use it.

User Tag List