Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My kingdom for a modern 6-shot .38 snubbie - anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Find you a Model 242.
    Had one. Sold it. Shoulda been a K instead of an L.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveSigs View Post
    I would be interested in carrying this on my belt, so none of that's a problem. I wouldn't be carrying it on my ankle or in my pocket. I actually have a Colt DS (1978) I've carried a bit in a Bell Charter Oak Chicago Rocker and I've been very pleased with it, it's just that I'd like essentially a modern version of that as described in my original post (alloy frame, night sites, internal hammer, etc.).
    Well we're split there. If I belt carry a gun, I go to a 3" gun, because easier to shoot, at least for me. And the trade off in concealed carry size is very minimal (unlike the difference between a 3" gun and a 4" gun).

But still close to what you are are describing is the the LCR-67 that Caleb described above. I honestly think a 6-shot, .38 +P, 3" LCR, with concealed hammer and night sights, would be the bees knees when it comes to concealed carry revolvers. But I wonder if they don't make it, because it would eat up the share of the Wiley Clapp GP100s...Or maybe I am wrong and they are thinking of making it, because of the sales of those WC GP100s.

-Rob

The Clapp guns are special editions though, not really regular catalog models. I honestly think the reason Ruger won't make an LCR--67 like we're describing is that they'd probably only sell them to the few remaining diehard wheelgun guys. Selling 500 guns doesn't really justify the r&d costs.

^^^harshing my mellow, dude. So what you're saying is the idea of extending your line even further to include the 5-shot .44 special version of the same is "unicorn and open carry in NYC" territory...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ^^^harshing my mellow, dude. So what you're saying is the idea of extending your line even further to include the 5-shot .44 special version of the same is "unicorn and open carry in NYC" territory...
    On the gripping hand, Smif is selling the Model 69 as fast as they can make them.

Get a 2" Model 12, have the hammer bobbed, problem solved.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    Had one. Sold it. Shoulda been a K instead of an L.
    Yup. I have kept mine, but only because it so... special snow flakish?

It would make a good parka (as in, BIG coat) pocket piece, but since one needs a heavy coat maybe three days per year around here...

OTOH, I think it would make a splendid belt gun. I very well may put that to the test before it's all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Get a 2" Model 12, have the hammer bobbed, problem solved.
    Funny that: I have a 2" model 12-3. Love that gun; one of the great EDC wheelies of old. Mine is not a monogamous revolver lifestyle, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveSigs View Post
    Absolutely, my only issue with that would be the inevitable internal lock it would have which, to me, makes it entirely unsuitable for a defensive gun and therefore pointless (what else are you going to use a 3" M66 for?).
    You do know that removing the locking arm out of the gun is relatively easy, right? And that removal creates zero unintended fuctional problems?

I'd buy a new 3" Model 66 with adjustable sights in a flash.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Funny that: I have a 2" model 12-3. Love that gun; one of the great EDC wheelies of old. Mine is not a monogamous revolver lifestyle, however.
    Sadly, my 12-2 dates to roughly 1966 and I just don't trust older Airweights that much. I know it would probably be fine, but I've seen too many really old ones crack their frames where the barrel shank screws in. Mine's likely plenty safe for standard pressure ammo, but why take chances on an older gun when I have newer shooters that fill pretty much the same niche? My 296 fits all the same holsters, after all...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List