Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I HATED Beretta for the longest time (due to the safety)... Until the 92G was re released. Decocker only is the only way to be with a Beretta 92 series pistol. While using the safety as a decocker works, running the slide (for any reason) can result in a dead gun. The G series guns are unable to render the guns inoperable.
    It is what it is and being an issued weapon, we had to make friends with it. Sling shot the slide from behind by grabbing the safety levers or over the top doing the same thing. That's about the best way I ever found...

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    It is what it is and being an issued weapon, we had to make friends with it. Sling shot the slide from behind by grabbing the safety levers or over the top doing the same thing. That's about the best way I ever found...
    If military (or Law enforcement), this is the best advice (along with using the "safety" as a deCocker only)... If not military, get a G series.

I HATED Beretta for the longest time (due to the safety)... Until the 92G was re released. Decocker only is the only way to be with a Beretta 92 series pistol. While using the safety as a decocker works, running the slide (for any reason) can result in a dead gun. The G series guns are unable to render the guns inoperable.
    Subject to user's hand size.

A method which works for me is this-instead of running one's hand straight back from the front/middle and activating the safety, Ill grab the back of the slide under the safety from the start and pull back, making it impossible for the safety to activate as my thumb is under the left side and the offhand pointer finger is holding the safety from the right side. Ive never had an accidental safety activation happen when manipulating it this way.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

If military (or Law enforcement), this is the best advice (along with using the "safety" as a deCocker only)... If not military, get a G series.
    Carried one (mil) for 20 years...just no interest in having one now.

ETA: Sorry Sigfan26, I thought your reply was to me.

Beretta 92 FS Safety

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Subject to user's hand size.

A method which works for me is this-instead of running one's hand straight back from the front/middle and activating the safety, Ill grab the back of the slide under the safety from the start and pull back, making it impossible for the safety to activate as my thumb is under the left side and the offhand pointer finger is holding the safety from the right side. Ive never had an accidental safety activation happen when manipulating it this way.
    Nobody dictates what I carry, so, I'll stick with G only. I also have Glocks and 1911s i Carry... Glock works. Good 1911 works. Beretta 92 series works. All of them work... As long as I'm willing to work.
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 01-16-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Carried one (mil) for 20 years...just no interest in having one now.
    I enjoy the system.

I guess I'm the weirdo who always carries with safety engaged (when I carried a slide mounted safety DA/SA).

Just seems like asking for the safety to get activated inadvertently during carry and then being surprised that it is on safe and I have a dead trigger when I least want it.

Depends.

Prefer to use it as a decocker when carrying.

However, a 92 is in the drawer of the nightstand next to my head, with the safety on. Using the method taught by Ernest, I flick the safety down like a 1911, as I draw/present.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have large hands so it's not difficult for me to thumb the lever up, but I only use it as a decocker. In fact, my JMCK holster is formed in such a way that the 92 has to be carried with the lever in the fire position.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    99% of the time it is a decocker. The 1% is for the situations where you may need an extra administrative layer to go through.

User Tag List