Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New ATF guidance on SB15 braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That's a fair point. The gun industry is much more willing to put their knife in the ground and fight than they were back in the bad old days when most of the mainstream gun companies bent over for the assault weapons ban and such. Now EVERYBODY has a piece of the black rifle pie.
    I think the post-Heller legal landscape changed things. Before that court case it was "Mother may I."

So instead of having to argue why they should be allowed to make something, the government has to argue why it should be banned. That totally changes the legal landscape.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    What a pisser.....

And prosecution is being brought against some local turds in Kalifornia for possessing SBRs (AKA Sig Brace) thus "violating" Kalifornia's SBR language.

https://www.turlockcitynews.com/crim...-home-invasion

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Weeeelp..... I don't think that's the test case anyone in the gun-rights movement wants to take in challenging the classification of a SB15 pistol as an SBR.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Weeeelp..... I don't think that's the test case anyone in the gun-rights movement wants to take in challenging the classification of a SB15 pistol as an SBR.
    Nope!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    From the story, it seems like he is probably being charged under state law. Even if a California court decides that an SB15 is a stock, that wouldn't have any precedential value in a prosecution for violation of the NFA.

New ATF guidance on SB15 braces.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    From the story, it seems like he is probably being charged under state law. Even if a California court decides that an SB15 is a stock, that wouldn't have any precedential value in a prosecution for violation of the NFA.
    From the info on CalGuns it appears the issue isn't the brace but the fact that the receiver was a rifle receiver. So it looks like this wasn't the case "they" were looking for either (thankfully).
    Last edited by Suvorov; 01-22-2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: fortify

So...I guess if you fire this pistol in the same manner you have an SBR too?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    So...I guess if you fire this pistol in the same manner you have an SBR too?

It MAGICALLY becomes a rifle!

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I love this new age of the gun rights movement. I was only 11 when the '94 AWB went into place, with a number of companies throwing themselves at the feet of the government for mercy. That became my firearm "reality." I figured that's the way things would always be... or they'd keep getting worse.

Now I'm living in an age where gun companies are willing to go toe-to-toe with the federal government to illustrate the ridiculousness of federal firearm laws.

We've come a long way, baby.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

User Tag List