Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lithuania publishes manual on how to survive...

Lithuania publishes manual on how to survive...

Russian invasion & occupation.

Lithuania is publishing a manual to advise its citizens on how to survive a war on its soil as concerns grow that Russia's intervention in Ukraine heralds increased assertiveness in its tiny Baltic neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Russian invasion & occupation.
    And, of course, they are also worried that the US is now all talk and no show, and that while we would deplore any incursion into the Baltics, and call Putin a Neanderthal warmonger, we would also announce that as a people we are simply too good to get into a war anymore.

Apparently in Lithuania, talking loudly and carrying no stick at all is not seen as an effective way to deter aggression.

This begs the question:

Will the United States engage Russia militarily if they invade and occupy the Baltic states?

This begs the question:

Will the United States engage Russia militarily if they invade and occupy the Baltic states?
    No.

Site Supporter
    Isn't that the end of Nato as a functional alliance? I've read the Poles think it is toothless now because of guess who?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Isn't that the end of Nato as a functional alliance? I've read the Poles think it is toothless now because of guess who?
    Yep, it would be the end of NATO, but the Balts and Eastern Europeans have real doubts about this White House. Heck, it's clear that the last three SecDef's have had doubts about the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Yep, it would be the end of NATO, but the Balts and Eastern Europeans have real doubts about this White House. Heck, it's clear that the last three SecDef's have had doubts about the White House.
    With all the drawdowns and whatnot, even if we make the generous assumption Obama would lift a finger in response, by the time anyone arrived who could help the Russians would have long since planted their flag and toasted to vodka.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

This begs the question:

Not under the current administration.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    With all the drawdowns and whatnot, even if we make the generous assumption Obama would lift a finger in response, by the time anyone arrived who could help the Russians would have long since planted their flag and toasted to vodka.
    Maybe in Lithuania. But not all the countries. I bet the Russians leave the Finnish and Polish alone...remember the Finnish have fought the Russians several times. And the Russians always feel like it is better to leave, go home and drink vodka and eat borscht.

-Rob

If Russians make a move on Lithuania, I will volunteer on a Russian side. Lithuanian women have quite a combination of brains and beauty, in my experience.

As a married man, I would be only interested in the brain part of it, of course.

User Tag List