Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX review

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Yeah, I have read both of those. Neither really tells me much. I was hoping someone here with hands on experience could chime in. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre044 View Post
    Yeah, I have read both of those. Neither really tells me much. I was hoping someone here with hands on experience could chime in. Thanks though.
    Well, I had some pretty good trigger time with one of the original Cabela's guns. It was a 16" gun and never used it as a 223. It ran well and had the auto-regulating gas system. Ran fine with supers and subs.

Later, once SIG announced they were switching to a manual gas system, I sent both barrels in for retrofit. After that the 300BLK seemed over-gassed when suppressed regardless of gas setting or ammo. I continually had issues with the gun stovepiping. Several trips back to SIG did not fix the problem. They eventually replaced the gun under warranty with a Virtus.

This new gun seems to run fine. I've used it with both the 300BLK and 223 barrels with and without my suppressor. Granted, I don't have a ton of rounds fired.

Overall, I like the gun. It is an interesting idea. Does it really offer much that can't be had from a DI AR or one of the piston guns out there. But it does have a QD barrel and a folding stock. If those are part of your requirement you should be happy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well, I had some pretty good trigger time with one of the original Cabela's guns. It was a 16" gun and never used it as a 223. It ran well and had the auto-regulating gas system. Ran fine with supers and subs.

Later, once SIG announced they were switching to a manual gas system, I sent both barrels in for retrofit. After that the 300BLK seemed over-gassed when suppressed regardless of gas setting or ammo. I continually had issues with the gun stovepiping. Several trips back to SIG did not fix the problem. They eventually replaced the gun under warranty with a Virtus.

This new gun seems to run fine. I've used it with both the 300BLK and 223 barrels with and without my suppressor. Granted, I don't have a ton of rounds fired.

Overall, I like the gun. It is an interesting idea. Does it really offer much that can't be had from a DI AR or one of the piston guns out there. But it does have a QD barrel and a folding stock. If those are part of your requirement you should be happy.
    That's the input I am looking for. Nothing the rifle offers is a requirement. I was just seeking information because these are what we are getting (we have no input) and I wanted to know what other's have experienced. Thanks.

That's the input I am looking for. Nothing the rifle offers is a requirement. I was just seeking information because these are what we are getting (we have no input) and I wanted to know what other's have experienced. Thanks.
    Well, if you're getting them issued as department guns you'll have more info than any of us soon.

Well, if you're getting them issued as department guns you'll have more info than any of us soon.
    Indeed. Once we receive them and start running them, I will chime back in. We should have them before the end of the calendar year. No specific timeframe though. Hopefully they run well.

Indeed. Once we receive them and start running them, I will chime back in. We should have them before the end of the calendar year. No specific timeframe though. Hopefully they run well.
    Conversion kits for legacy lowers or new complete guns?

Conversion kits for legacy lowers or new complete guns?

New complete guns.

My 9” Gen2 in 300BLK has been reliable and accurate over about 500 rounds. Certainly not a torture test.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I’m seriously considering a 5.5” Rattler upper for my NFA registered MCX lower. I’ve done some research and it appears that 120 grain supers are coming out of the barrel at 1800 fps. That means that Barnes 110 grain TAC-TXs should get at least 1800-1850. Keep in mind that these expand down to 1400 fps.

That means the Rattler with TAC-TX pills is about the size of a MP5K and significantly improved terminal performance against common intermediate barriers. This is a pretty cool option for a travel gun that reaches out to 150 yards with authority.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List