Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX review

MCX 9” blackout back in stock

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Your results a good bit off what I’ve experienced and seen with the 110 grain Barnes load. Take a look at post 1 and 10 here:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....Barrel-Lengths

The Rattler gave up 300 fps to a 9” MCX and came in at around 1825 fps. While this is enough velocity to expand in soft tissue within 25 yards and after many barriers, I’m not surprised that it chokes on soft armor. FWIW, I’ve seen other articles on the load that quote around 1800 fps for the 110 grain Barnes load out of a Rattler and 2100 fps from 9” barrels; none as high as 2K from the Rattler.
    I keep coming back to this. My analyst side keeps telling me a second 9” .300 upper with a LVPO would be a good capability extender for my Rattler.

I’m going to be ten minutes away from SIG today, and they have the uppers in stock…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I keep coming back to this. My analyst side keeps telling me a second 9” .300 upper with a LVPO would be a good capability extender for my Rattler.

I’m going to be ten minutes away from SIG today, and they have the uppers in stock…
    … but not in the store, so I ordered one. They did finally have my MCX 11.5” 5.56 upper in, though. Saved me the shipping.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’m trying to decide if I need this or not. My legacy MCX has both 16” 556 and 300 barrels, but no option for change unless I have them cut down. I picked up a rattler upper in 300 a while ago. The question is do I spend the coin on a virtus upper, getting access to all the parts/conversions, etc? Or wait for the rumored gen 3.

By the time you will be able to buy a Gen 3 they will have announced Gen 4.

I started getting Virtus upper back in stock notifications a couple weeks after the Gen 3 discussions started trending.

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Or wait for the rumored gen 3.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    By the time you will be able to buy a Gen 3 they will have announced Gen 4.

I started getting Virtus upper back in stock notifications a couple weeks after the Gen 3 discussions started trending.
    You are probably correct.

I went a little MCX happy before I left NH. I ended up with two Rattler lowers (SBRed and factory pistol) and 5.5” 300, 5.5” 5.56 (my “you go home now” configuration), 9” 300 and 11.5” 5.56 uppers plus different style stocks and braces. Yeesh.
    Ken

I went a little MCX happy before I left NH. I ended up with two Rattler lowers (SBRed and factory pistol) and 5.5” 300, 5.5” 5.56 (my “you go home now” configuration), 9” 300 and 11.5” 5.56 uppers plus different style stocks and braces. Yeesh.
    Crazy might be an understatement. Sig sells the lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Crazy might be an understatement. Sig sells the lowers?
    Nope. I was looking for a second lower to keep in pistol configuration and was made an offer on a new complete 5.56 Rattler that was so cheap that I couldn’t say no.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Dude, have you done much rifle shooting past 100 yards? Because that set up would be a lot of fun out to 300+ yards on steel if you have access to range that goes that far.
    Tried this today, mainly just to try it.

Thanks @Clusterfrack for the Magnetospeed recommendation, it worked great!

Name:  41A19B57-1799-402B-959D-5A6DA05ED958.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  78.5 KB

Name:  554FE876-E8D4-4E32-BAFE-1758607B04D9.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  31.4 KB

Name:  D6B30937-DB9E-498F-B0BB-F85E8720D00B.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  58.2 KB

User Tag List