Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: SIG MCX review

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does this mean I have to feed my MCX Virtus stuff into a chipper?

Attachment 94559
    No, you can give it to me so you can buy something else new and shiny. I just ordered a PMM MCX BCD and I'll probably spring for a Midwest 12" handguard for my Virtus carbine to shave a little pork to make my own Virtus Lite. If I need something lighter I'll grab the 516.

SIG sent out an email that the long out of stock collapsing-folding stock is available.

Edit - link: https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-sauer-t...x-mpx-blk.html

Edit 2 - cheaper at EuroOptic: https://www.eurooptic.com/STOCK-X-FO...G-FOLDING.aspx
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 09-24-2022 at 07:13 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hey, maybe an excuse to buy my first 7.62….

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Hey, maybe an excuse to buy my first 7.62….
    Rifle seed!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

If anyone is waiting for a 11.5” 5.56 MCX upper, SWFA just got them back in stock: https://www.swfa.com/sig-sauer-mcx-v...nato-11-5.html
    Ken

And now Scopelist has the 11.5” 5.56 upper in stock, and the 9” .300:

https://www.scopelist.com/Sig-Sauer-...-Lug-UAMC.aspx

https://www.scopelist.com/Sig-Sauer-...g-UAMCX-9.aspx
    Ken

So how are these faring overall? Anybody have experience with an 11.5 and suppressor configuration?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    So how are these faring overall? Anybody have experience with an 11.5 and suppressor configuration?
    They're very soft shooting. Even with a high backpressure suppressor like a YHM Turbo. I didn't "feel" like my gun was over gassed but I have no way of quantifying that other than going by subjective feel. The gun was very easy to shoot and had a very pleasant recoil impulse.

I find myself replacing my gas rings on most of my bolts at the 4-5k mark on my dedicated suppressed guns. At 2500 rounds through my MCX before it was sold, I didn't really notice anything that would require replacement. Granted, that's not a high round count and I have since sold the gun so I can't really report on anything beyond my own limited experience.

I think once Sig fixes the handguard issue on the spear LT, the guns are going to be exceptional performers over the long haul.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I have a 16" model Spear LT. It hasn't been run suppressed other than a hand full of rounds with someone else's Sig can. It shoots well and the accuracy seems on par with anything else I've owned in the AR-15 pattern. The Spear LT feels similar the the SR-15 in terms of recoil but that is likely due to the slightly heavier weight. I'm loving the side folding stock and the length of pull on it is probably just about right for most if you're 5'6" or taller. My gun was missing the stupid cheek riser for the skeletonized stock when it arrived. They desperately need them if you run a 1.57" mount anything but I am not a big guy so that may be deferent for others. Over all the gun is running well but I don't have enough rounds through it to really have a strong opinion at this point. One more anecdote. I do have a Surefire XVL2 mounted on mine and it does seem to hold zero 2,000'ish rounds later.

Just in case anyone decides to spend $2.5k on this rifle only to find a 5 mil zero shift with your PEQ from your hand guard, fear not - Arisaka has got your back like a chiropractor. Their handy dandy $50 solution to you accidentally shooting the hostage will solve all your zero-shift woes.

https://arisakadefense.com/mcx-zero-retention-clamp/

Now, don’t you dare ask why a $2.5k rifle that was supposedly vetted for hard use would need a 3rd party, aftermarket part to make it functional with modern fighting accouterments. Doing so might lead one to suspect that Sig has yet again dumped a steaming pile of dog shit on the market for their customers to step in before a 4th generation rifle is released. Seriously, how the fuck does a company not realize a 5 mil+ shift that is visible to the naked eye just by grabbing the hand guard?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List