Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Arcteryx FR gloves

New Arcteryx FR gloves

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, but... Those better be some awesome damned gloves for that price.

(Note that I'm the one who bought his own ECWCS parka as a buck sergeant, and stated in another thread here there were times I'd've gladly paid a grand for snivel gear...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I've gotten my gear pretty well sorted out through trial and error, but gloves continue to be a thorn in my side. Ones that are supple enough for me to manipulate my rifle and shoot well while wearing them tend to get shredded in short order when I crawl through the pucker brush. Ones that are durable tend not to let me work my rifle.

I've probably shredded $150 worth of gloves over the last 7 or 8 years, so if these would allow me some dexterity, while lasting longer than a hunting season or two, I'd buy them.

The Dirty Bird sure is proud of their stuff. You can get four pairs of PIG gloves for that price, including shipping.

FR is something, as a pilot, I am absolute on for use in the cockpit.

You wouldn't believe how much FR flight gloves with this feature set cost -- they make this price appear a bargain.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I use a pair of Overlord gloves from Outdoor Research. They are made in the US of nomex and leather, designed for weapons handling, and can be found on eBay for $60.

From my Motorola StarTAC.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    The Dirty Bird sure is proud of their stuff. You can get four pairs of PIG gloves for that price, including shipping.
    And no fault against the SKD's, I have them and love them, but you will pay $150 or more to use those gloves for a fixed period of time. During that same period of time the single pair of Arc'Teryx gloves will continue to function.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I use a pair of Overlord gloves from Outdoor Research. They are made in the US of nomex and leather, designed for weapons handling, and can be found on eBay for $60.

I gave my son a pair of those for use in Ranger School last fall and he said they were phenomenal. And he lost them in some sudden mad scramble in the middle of the night; as those things happen in RS. Upon graduating he promptly bought another pair and he tells me that they are the best pistol shooting gloves he's tried.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Man, I wish I could use my employee discount on the LEAF line. Actually, I wish they would sell LEAF at all in the employee store.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post

OR was or still is closing them out right now for $60 for a new model, but I missed out on my size so holding out to see what they come up with or I may end up with a pair of the Arc'teryx.

User Tag List