Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Arcteryx FR gloves

The Overlords can be weird with sizing, IME. The old models were very tight and form fitting, enough that I couldn't fit a small correctly (I tried over a period of a month to get them to stretch out properly, never could), while the mediums were too large. Very disappointing, as I loved my Firemarks in size small (the Ironsights also fit great). The new Overlords that aren't super tight are actually too loose for me, as I tried the new touch compatible Overlords and there was a fair bit of excess materials. For now, I'll just stick with my Firemarks for shooting; they're not true FR, as the goat leather was not FR treated, but the fabric areas are made out of Nomex, so at least they won't shrink wrap on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    The Overlords can be weird with sizing, IME. The old models were very tight and form fitting, enough that I couldn't fit a small correctly (I tried over a period of a month to get them to stretch out properly, never could), while the mediums were too large. Very disappointing, as I loved my Firemarks in size small (the Ironsights also fit great). The new Overlords that aren't super tight are actually too loose for me, as I tried the new touch compatible Overlords and there was a fair bit of excess materials. For now, I'll just stick with my Firemarks for shooting; they're not true FR, as the goat leather was not FR treated, but the fabric areas are made out of Nomex, so at least they won't shrink wrap on me.
    Very good observation.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'd buy them for work if they were cheaper. I really can't see spending $140 on something thats going to be used to search stinky methheads and hobos. $50 is about the max I'd spend on a pair of gloves....

Tried them on the other day. Nice gloves. Built for a specific purpose. Supposed to hold up way better (5 times or so) than the competition, which in this case was mostly Mechanix Gloves.

Pig has FR gloves now too, should ship shortly. They continue to fit me better than anything else.

Just got a pair of Rogers gloves, and look forward to running them head to head with my favorite pig gloves. Non FR, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    And no fault against the SKD's, I have them and love them, but you will pay $150 or more to use those gloves for a fixed period of time. During that same period of time the single pair of Arc'Teryx gloves will continue to function.
    A valid point, and what I was really getting at. Will these last 4 times as long as a set of PIGs? If so, they're worth it. If not, well, then...

Mainly because the PIGs fit my hands better than anything I've tried since the old military Nomex flight gloves. I'm willing to buy multiple pairs if that's what it takes to keep them running.

User Tag List