Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

The "wedge" bolt on piece has been done before. Cane & Derby had/has it on their AIWB offering. Which incidentally was my first holster when I was converted to carry appendix by VCDGrips back in 2011.

My experience with that holster was that after a few hours of carry, that very wedge would cause a not insignificant amount of discomfort. After about 6 months of trying to 'adapt and overcome', I moved on to the Shaggy. Haven't looked back since.

I will be interested to see if Raven's wedge set up will have better results. I won't be jumping the Shaggy ship for this, for now.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

I would honestly say buy one. You'll get it next week and if it sucks for you sell it, you'll break even when they're sold out. It has a few elements of what I would make if I had access to their equipment. There are obviously things I would do differently but given how other larger makers have dropped some turds I'd say they did a solid job.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

so far i have been using this holster for months now

I find it comfortable
    fast presentation times
    great master grip on the gun
    doesn't cant out even on my fat ass
    gun grip is drawn in pretty tight if need be by the claw feature
    its not an incog for sure its better in my book for me at least

Not a huge fan of the whole "erector set" principle... But, if it was for the 92G Brig Tac that i just got, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Alas, my Glock already had plenty of holsters.

We are diminished
    I'm also not a fan of the multiple-use, multiple-option holsters in general. But with time the guys who do like to tinker will probably come to some conclusions about what you do and don't want for aiwb given different guns, different body builds, etc. If/when they come out for the 1911 I'll likely grab one to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Sure, it's great for the two or three of us who have Glocks, but what about the rest of the forum?
    In response to questions about alternate firearms models and WML compatible version, an employee stated this on SoldierSystems:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Goerlich
    Other models are planned, but Glock is the obvious starting point based purely on production numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Goerlich
    We have a slew of new models of the Eidolon in store. It’s our new flagship line, so we will be aggressively supporting it.

I picked one up. I don't care how it looks or whatever it may seem. If it is a good design, it's a good design and will prove so by trying it out.

I have been thinking about a holster design that would be like a kydex/plastic version similar to the SME to reduce the bulge that the wedge create, seems like this holster is going that direction. Another holster to try out....

I would buy one just for the integrated beard comb.

All kidding aside, if I had a Glock I would've ordered one as soon as they were available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Not a huge fan of the whole "erector set" principle... But, if it was for the 92G Brig Tac that i just got, I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Alas, my Glock already had plenty of holsters.
    I try to avoid holsters with nearly as many parts as my pistol.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

It appears to be too wide left to right IMO.

Since I first heard about this I've been kind of skeptical of the whole wing thing. Looks like it would dig into your hip without actually helping anything. Unless it makes the gun smaller, or bends the grip (literally) to fill the ab-hip trench, it probably wouldn't work for me. A G17 from AIWB is even with my hip...

But I'll try one if someone I know gets one and is willing to let me try it.

User Tag List