Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Has raven come out with clips (and not soft loops) that can address the ride height issue? If not - is it possible to just drill your own holes in the currently supplied clips?
    Yup, they've been out for a while actually. http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...le-soft-loops/
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Is anyone still using this holster? How is it holding up. I am thinking about spending the money on it. It looks interesting and from what I have read it works really well. I am wonder if anyone is still using it and how they like it.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -- Winston Churchill
    C.A. P.C. 832

Quote Originally Posted by saints75 View Post
    Is anyone still using this holster? How is it holding up. I am thinking about spending the money on it. It looks interesting and from what I have read it works really well. I am wonder if anyone is still using it and how they like it.
    I still use mine with my G17, and it's holding up fine. The only thing I've had to do since putting it together is tighten the attachment screws on the soft loop when they became loose.

I still have a Shaggy, too, but I like how the pistol clicks into place with the Eidolon.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

My sweat guard hickey snapped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    My sweat guard hickey snapped off.
    The inside one closest to the body or the outside one? Full sweat guard or smaller sweat guard?

The inside one closest to the body or the outside one? Full sweat guard or smaller sweat guard?
    In my case, it was the inside sweat guard. It was a full guard. Raven was prompt with a replacement shell.

---

I've lost almost 30lbs since the last time I tried the Eidolon, but I recall the claw posing some comfort issues every now and then. The tuck provided for by the angle of the front attachment worked acceptably, but other holsters (JMCK, Keeper) tucked better on me. I also thought that the holster had a fairly wide footprint for what it was.

Having said all of that, I may revisit the holster now that I'm less fat; I recall others saying that this worked well (low/no belt bulge) as a skinny guy AIWB. It'd need the soft loops though. I really liked the clips. I didn't care for the ride heights I was stuck with.
    Last edited by ssb; 08-25-2015 at 10:28 AM.

Inside one - I sawed the outside one off. Full guard.

Who's still using the Eidolon? What are your thoughts after using one for a few months? Or have you reverted/moved on to X?

Contemplating buying one and looking for feedback.

I have a pretty long post about my experience with it in the AIWB thread. Not sure how to link back to it using Tapatalk or I would.

I like the holster but I still struggle to use AIWB 100% of the time. My body shape causes comfort issues with everything I've tried. The Eidolon comes the closest to solving those issues.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

^^^ Just found it. Thanks!

User Tag List