Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: new Raven holster

Moved on to a JRC AIWB-CDA-II. I'm getting better concealability, but that's in part due to making it ride a bit differently. However, I don't need to use the foam pad, which is very nice. Comfortability is arguably much better, except for when the very tall wing portion that the loop is mounted on ends up digging into my leg. Getting it in the right spot is a bit of an art, but I've been much happier with it lately than when I got it, and definitely don't feel any pressure to go back to the Eidolon. Still, I'd never get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Moved on to a JRC AIWB-CDA-II. I'm getting better concealability, but that's in part due to making it ride a bit differently. However, I don't need to use the foam pad, which is very nice. Comfortability is arguably much better, except for when the very tall wing portion that the loop is mounted on ends up digging into my leg. Getting it in the right spot is a bit of an art, but I've been much happier with it lately than when I got it, and definitely don't feel any pressure to go back to the Eidolon. Still, I'd never get rid of it.
    I've been waiting to hear how the JRC worked for you!

There was a short hate period. Wouldn't conceal and/or wouldn't be comfortable. Lately I've been pretty happy with it though. I feel like I'm finally settling in to it, but still need a bit more time before saying anything definitive. More than anything, I just don't have time right now to braindump the way I like to I do think it is a bit slower than the Raven, at least the way I'm running it.

The SME is another story. Way late now, and the communication hasn't been exactly great :/

ETA: eyemahm is looking into getting a JRC too, and may be working with Jim on adopting a different, recent prototype job to reduce the height of that wing and improve comfort. I'll be following that closely.
    Last edited by GRV; 11-20-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    ETA: eyemahm is looking into getting a JRC too, and may be working with Jim on adopting a different, recent prototype job to reduce the height of that wing and improve comfort. I'll be following that closely.
    Dove - Did this ever happen with eyemahm?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Dove - Did this ever happen with eyemahm?
    In process.

I've been quite happy with my Eidolon, but only carry it at 3-4 o'clock. I get better tuck out of this holster than any other I've tried.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

I have only been carrying for roughly 3 years, but the Eidolon is by far the best I have used for AIWB. I have had an Alabama and a Philster, both of which were excellent quality, but the combination of the wedge and belt claw makes the Eidolon conceal my G17 way better than the others. My 19 totally disappears.

Martin. I am surprised that you like it that well at the 3-4 o'clock position. I know they say you can run it there, but it's really for AIWB. Doesn't look like it would be comfortable there, but then again, it doesn't "look" like it would be comfortable for appendix, which it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post

Martin. I am surprised that you like it that well at the 3-4 o'clock position. I know they say you can run it there, but it's really for AIWB. Doesn't look like it would be comfortable there, but then again, it doesn't "look" like it would be comfortable for appendix, which it is!!
    Several of my friends thought the same, but now carry in an Eidolon at 3-4 o'clock. I use the soft loops on struts setup on mine, and give it a good bit of cant... The butt of a 17 or 34 tucks right in, a 19 or a 26 is damn near invisible. I find the Phantom to be slightly more comfortable when carried IWB, but the concealment ability of the Eidolon makes the slightly decreased comfort (I've still worn it all day many times...can't carry at work) worthwhile.

Jeff Martin
    Instagram

User Tag List