Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: new Raven holster

The claw is in what I would say is the proper location.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

This may be stating the obvious but it depends on the ride height and cant you have dialed in. My Eidolon is configured for AIWB with the clips in the high ride position and the claw is fully behind my belt...if I grab a little low I'm going to scrape my knuckles across the top of my belt, not the claw. I don't see why anyone would want the holster to ride higher than that with a straight drop even if the soft loops did allow it (just got my soft loops recently and haven't done much with them yet). I haven't tried the Eidolon with a forward cant, not my thing, but I suppose if you did that and chose to use the claw, it's possible the claw could stick up above the belt, but then I think you could probably just swap it out for the claw intended to be used when carring on the opposite side.

Thanks, Guys (last three posts). That's what I wanted to know.

Sorry if this has been answered, but does the G17 length version with the rounded/molded muzzle end also fit a G19? How about a G26? Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered, but does the G17 length version with the rounded/molded muzzle end also fit a G19? How about a G26? Thanks guys.
    I don't have one but, I will say that it should because i believe it retains the gun by the trigger guard area.

Quote Originally Posted by DacoRoman View Post
    Yes, it will fit both, just not the G34.

125mph I sent you a PM about the one for sale. Did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Yes, it will fit both, just not the G34.

Yes I responded, let me know if it didn't go through.

I got the soft loops a while back. They fixed the ride height issue, and definitely add a lot of adjustability. However, I'm finding they print at the belt line more (might be because I'm running two now to fix the canting issue), resulting in more bulge under my shirt than I'd like.

I tried a SME for a P30 at the Epic Carbine Class and was blown away by the comfort in comparison. The Eidolon isn't in the same league for me. I didn't get to try the AIWB-CDA II, but a fellow forum member vouched that, for him, it's even more comfortable and concealable than the SME. I saved my pennies and have both an SME and AIWB-CDA II on order for the G17. We'll see how that goes.

Has raven come out with clips (and not soft loops) that can address the ride height issue? If not - is it possible to just drill your own holes in the currently supplied clips?

User Tag List